Jun 12, 2011, 4:06 PM EST
Ramon Sessions has had a weird career. He has a knack for winding up in places where he’s not needed, so even though he plays well, he’s never a priority. It happened in Milwaukee, and now it’s happening in Cleveland. From Ohio.com:
Sessions’ agent, Chubby Wells, hasn’t asked the Cavaliers for a trade yet. That might change after the draft.
”Obviously something has to give,” Wells said. ”I don’t see how they can keep all three of those guys.”
Coach Byron Scott said during the season he likes to have three point guards available, but the Cavs may struggle to find enough minutes to keep Sessions happy.
Sessions can be productive, but with his fringe experience and low salary, moving him won’t net the Cavs much. They’re essentially giving up on a quality young player so they can let Baron Davis not teach Kyrie Irving how to play point guard. No system’s perfect, but there’s something wrong here. Davis’ contract is nigh unmovable, yet the Clippers just shipped it. The Cavaliers would do well to try and find another place for Davis and his salary and keep Sessions. That would at least move salary to a position of need versus a glutton at a point guard.
New York’s been rumored to be in the chase for sessions and Sessions would be a great fit as a backup point under D’Antoni. It’s too bad the Knicks have no real assets to trade for Sessions.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)