Jun 12, 2011, 4:06 PM EDT
Ramon Sessions has had a weird career. He has a knack for winding up in places where he’s not needed, so even though he plays well, he’s never a priority. It happened in Milwaukee, and now it’s happening in Cleveland. From Ohio.com:
Sessions’ agent, Chubby Wells, hasn’t asked the Cavaliers for a trade yet. That might change after the draft.
”Obviously something has to give,” Wells said. ”I don’t see how they can keep all three of those guys.”
Coach Byron Scott said during the season he likes to have three point guards available, but the Cavs may struggle to find enough minutes to keep Sessions happy.
Sessions can be productive, but with his fringe experience and low salary, moving him won’t net the Cavs much. They’re essentially giving up on a quality young player so they can let Baron Davis not teach Kyrie Irving how to play point guard. No system’s perfect, but there’s something wrong here. Davis’ contract is nigh unmovable, yet the Clippers just shipped it. The Cavaliers would do well to try and find another place for Davis and his salary and keep Sessions. That would at least move salary to a position of need versus a glutton at a point guard.
New York’s been rumored to be in the chase for sessions and Sessions would be a great fit as a backup point under D’Antoni. It’s too bad the Knicks have no real assets to trade for Sessions.
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 4
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 5
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 7
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 96
- PBT Extra: Talking Duncan, LeBron legacies; plus Game 6 12
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (98)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'