Video: LeBron, Wade mock sick Dirk… it’s not a big deal

Jun 10, 2011, 12:26 PM EDT

Miami Heat v Dallas Mavericks - Game Five Getty Images

The NBA world is watching and talking about this video today, in the brilliant words of SBN’s Tom Ziller it is blowing up like a meth lab. So we bring it to you.

This news broadcast below — taken BEFORE Game 5 — has video of LeBron James and Dwyane Wade walking out of the arena after practice making some fun of the Dirk Nowitzki pull-the-shirt-up-over-your-mouth press conference.

Really? This is an issue? If you want to hate on LeBron there are plenty of good, legitimate targets for you today, this is not one of them. Frankly, Dirk’s presser while sick was pretty funny. It was a mild 24-hour cold, not something serious. At the end of the day LeBron, Wade and Dirk are buddies who respect each other. There is no malice here, just some guys in team sports poking a little fun at each other. If you’ve ever played a team sport, you know the spirit this is intended in.

Can we actually get back to talking about the game now?

1. jjared1101 - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:39 PM

At the end of the day LeBron, Wade and Dirk are buddies who respect each other.

——————————————————

Respect is not anything they just displayed in the video. And you can bet your entire paycheck from PBT that Dirk is certainly not buddies with either of these guys.

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:46 PM

I will have to say I agree with this. They showed no respect here… just childish mockery.

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:18 PM

So what. Like you and your boys have never been sitting around and talking trash about someone? I mean you do have friends other than 5 dollar sandwiches right Jared?

• jjared1101 - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM

If your question is, “have i ever been walking past an opponents locker room with cameras surrounding me while i made fun of a guy who has killed me in the 4th quarter?”, then the answer is no.

5 dollar sandwiches? … OHHH …righttttt… you mean Subway. Awesome dude. That’s so witty…. how did you become so funny?

• savocabol1 - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:43 PM

BOOOOOOM ROASTED!

• thedizzypub - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Its total disrespct for Dirk who has been the best player in this series by far! James hasnt won anything yet! James is probably the most overrated athlete of all time, Until he wins multiple Championships in a watered down NBA that’s all he will ever be! Remind me again what the score was last night?

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:57 PM

Obviously you have not done that. You are not on that skill level. If you have ever played competitive sports then you would know this really is not a big deal. I guarantee you the mav’s are saying just as much if not worse than the heat. No one cares to get them doing it on film though…

It was witty enough that you had nothing to say back to it ;)

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:21 PM

Oh wow, not even funny.

• drejoh - Jun 10, 2011 at 6:06 PM

So you play professional sports? I guess you’ve bumped into a pro player or 2 in a club and now you all buddy-buddy; says you. I played sports in high school and college and I put on a game face not a clown face. Personally, I don’t get the joke. Who joked when Wade complained of migraines?

• debogail - Jun 10, 2011 at 9:00 PM

These guys sought the cameras. They weren’t in a private place. They wanted to be seen. Actually, it shows how pathetic they are and mostly jealous. Frankl.y, they should play as well as Dirk does sick when they are healthy and then they might have some room to be clowns. Now, they’re just a bunch of losers.

• sprest83 - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:58 PM

Can we get some decent non bias reporting here? Every post is by Kurt, which is absurdly biased towards the Miami Flamers.

2. nfl25 - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM

kurts idea of heaven would be writing love stories about the heat while wearing leabrons underwear. dirk dont need you to give him credit but a fever and sinus infection are a little differnt than a 24 hour cold. a sinus infection is pretty annoying when you are trying to run up and down the court because its hard to breath, not to mention a cold never comes with a fever. kurt, u a hater

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:16 PM

HAA sinus infections can be taken care of way easier than a common cold. An the common cold does have a fever.. What crazy whack doctor do you take your kids too?

• nfl25 - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:27 PM

so when u get the common cold, you get a fever of over 101? i get sinus infections all the time and they will last 3-7 days with antibiotics and they could last 4 weeks if untreated. lets just say i know a doctor pretty well. where did u study medicine h@mo?

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM

Sinus infections can only be taken care of easier than a common cold because you can take an anti-biotic for it. And then it takes anywhere from 5-14 days to clear up. Ailments associated with a sinus infection consist of fevers, body aches, migraines, insane congestion of the nasal cavity etc etc… IGNORANCE ANDRE IGNORANCE!

• drejoh - Jun 10, 2011 at 6:16 PM

Yes, this guy shows his ignorance again. Growing up I suffered at least one sinus infection per year, usually in the spring. One summer the pressure was so great, for over a week, it nearly damaged my eardrums.

Sinutab was not a good solution .. lol

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 8:26 PM

Bro a common cold can give you temps up to 103.. Google it for Christ sake.. An a sinus infection can be severely reduced with fluids a good nasal clearing product.. Such as the netti pot and several other medications can bring you to a decent health.

3. sportsinhd - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Dirk did have a fever of 102 degrees, I’d hardly call that “trivial.” His life wasn’t in jeopardy or anything, but he was legitimately sick.

4. nfl25 - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:42 PM

dude i have a feeling kurt is one of the posters on this site that defends the heat.

• berbes - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:49 PM

kurt defends the ‘big’ 3 so much, he HAS to have a bruised throat.

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:18 PM

I think you guys have a complete misconception if you guys think he is a Heat fan. :)

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:14 PM

nahh braa thats me

• nfl25 - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:35 PM

the problem with MOST heat fans is they think these dudes are gods. these dudes are human. i dont agree with a lot of the hatred for lebron but i agree that the heat are annoying, flopping, whiners. and u add that to the desicion and the modeling show they did, and you cant help but root against them. unless u the type of person that when they play madden you chosse all madden team and play againt the browns. and then complain u arent getting the calls.

also some dude said the mavs fans only come out when they win. where the heat fans at? they are usualy hating on the mavs, and really hating on dirk, but only the true deep th$oater$ come out after a loss i guess

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 8:31 PM

HAHA oo great sexual reference there.. Do I think these guys are gods?? I mean I obviously said that right? They have a job at a top company for a reason you idiot.
        An where have you seen the heat whining lately?? Please point something out to where they have been whining in the playoffs?? An I play with the texans and work in madden buddy.
        I mean I guess only a true deep th$oater$ of a mavs fan comes out in waves AND WAVES of comments on any heat oriented blog thats been posted on here. Enjoy it while you can. If you do somehow win this year it’ll be the last while the heat play for championships over the next decade.

5. Justin - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM

I thought Dirk had a 102 fever?! That seems far from mild to me. If anything maybe LeBron should have tried to catch a little of what Dirk had, it’s called being clutch in the 4th quarter. Guess that isn’t spreading into the Heat locker room.

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:13 PM

It’s a lot easier for dirk when he doesn’t have to do much on defense. Stand in the paint and cheat to either side.. Lebron runs after a guy thats almost 6 inches smaller and faster than him. An I don’t understand why you all think his temperature was 102. It was said to be there, have none of you ever taken medication before? I’m sure Mark Cuban has a great medical staff for situations like this.

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:22 PM

You obviously are only talking based off pride. Not intelligence. Theres so much arrogance and ignorance flaming out from the words you type that I feel the heat coming along.

• savvybynature - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:33 PM

So the latest excuse for LeBron is that he has to guard the lightening fast basketball force known as… Jason Terry?

C’mon man. Terry is a good player, but do you honestly think Jordan or even Kobe couldn’t guard Terry effectively during a Finals AND still be effective on offense?

And you wanna call out Dirk’s D? If it’s so bad, why has Miami struggled to close out games all series on offense, you know, at the end of the games, when Dirk is on the floor? They scored 14 points all 4th quarter in game 4 with a sick Dirk on the floor playing D. Nuff said.

• md23rewlz - Jun 10, 2011 at 5:29 PM

That’s your argument for why the best athlete in basketball, and one of the best athletes on the planet, has been outscored by Dirk 52-11 in the fourth quarter? Because it’s too much work to guard Jason Terry? Gotcha.

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 8:35 PM

Uhh are you guys dumb?? Try playing 43 minutes chasing a guy around thats half your size and obviously faster than you. While at the same time trying to run your entire offense and help on defense. Running off of pick and roll plays for d-wade. Yea idc what person is guarding him, he’ll get tired.

Also did I say dirk’s defense was bad? No, I simply stated he doesn’t have to do much! Which is true! He doesn’t run half of the amount of time Lebron has to run.

An miami’s struggles in the 4th have to do with fatigue but mostly the lack of offensive plays they put on the floor. The mav’s defense obviously has their simple bs figured out so spolestra needs to get his ideas together and attack at the right time.

6. blueintown - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Can we actually get back to talking about the game now?
    _______________________________________________________

Um…you posted the article.

• jjared1101 - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:55 PM

haha… Yep. And the title is funny too..

“LeBron, Wade mock sick Dirk… it’s not a big deal”

Yep… such a non big deal that you had to post it.

7. philtration - Jun 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM

The douche factor just gets bigger and bigger with this team.
    I have really lost all respect for Wade at this point but at least LeBron did just as his daddy told him to.

You have to forgive Kurt.
    He does not know very much about the game and he loves the cartoon character type of players that act like self-centered jerks.

• barkley4life - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM

and your over the top ridiculous comments only shows after losses then you disappear and have jack to say for the last three series…PATHETIC…

childish is mocking a guys website and blogs THAT YOUR OWN POSTING lmao…IDIOTS

• philtration - Jun 10, 2011 at 11:10 PM

You really are an idiot and you have no idea as to what you are talking about right now.
        Do you look for my comments like some weird stalker?
        Do you now add Kurt to your list of guys that you MUST defend for some reason?

I never ever heard of you until a couple of days ago and I don’t remember you saying anything at all when the Bulls were playing the Heat.
        You have issues.

• barkley4life - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Because Jason Terry doesn’t act the same exact way…How about Deshawn Stevenson…Lol grown men hating on a 26 year old because they can’t be him.

• frobaggins - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:30 PM

grown men hating on a 26 year for acting the exact opposite of a grown man most of the time and not even realizing it

• barkley4life - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:45 PM

lol have you read the posts on here…..CHILD PLEASE(in my chad johnson voice).

• barkley4life - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM

His daddy…lol didn’t you say you were 49 on another post LMAO….

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:11 PM

I’m sure Kurt doesn’t know very much.. That’s why he works for NBC and writes blogs about basketball right??

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I hate to break it to you, but just because he is employed by a network to blog about basketball, doesn’t mean he knows anything. I frequent this site quite a bit as well as the cousin blogs, and Kurt and his cronies are hacks. There is no semblance of unbiased journalism going on here. The reporting as been completely titled toward the Heat. I have no problem with people who don’t agree with Kurt calling him out. Just because people are paid to do something doesn’t mean they are actually good at it. For the record, I do not hate the Heat or like the Mavs. I am a neutral observer and try to give a fair and balanced record of what is taking place. That is the job of Kurt…but he doesn’t do that. Furthermore, sinus infections can be very serious. A 7-10 day course of antibiotics generally clears them up, though one starts to feel better in a couple days. Mocking somebody for being ill is classless and in my opinion is a big deal.

• Kurt Helin - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:06 PM

If you think my job is to be objective, you don’t get today’s media. But, you are certainly free to disagree with and even hate me.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:15 PM

Kurt,
        I don’t hate you. That would be ridiculous. I don’t even know you. I think you should at least try to show a measure of objectivity. I would understand if you were some 16 year old Lebron fanboy, but you aren’t. You are a grown man paid to blog my a major network. You don’t work for some newspaper in Miami. As a member of the national media, I believe it is incumbent upon you and those of your ilk to show an attempt at objectivity. Go read Craig’s blog on hardballtalk sometime. He is an admitted Braves fan but yet manages to do his job without bias and prejudice against other teams. Take a lesson from him.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Kurt,
        Then please explain what the role of the national media is? Do you not consider yourself part of the media? You are employed by the National Broadcast Company, correct? Do you feel that because you operate a blog that you are somehow exempt from traditional journalistic standards? Lastly, in your opinion is there a difference between operating a national internet blog and say writing a piece for a national newspaper?

• savocabol1 - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:50 PM

Florio over at profootballtalk is pretty objective…….just sayin

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:59 PM

Yeah, Florio is objective when it comes to teams. You are right about that. They cherry pick comments over there though and won’t put comments on that criticize the blogger or even mention the blogger. Furthermore, he comes across as trying to be “the smartest guy in the room” and the other day he blatantly took ideas from the posters and passed it off as his own. Then, in an article today had the gall to say that other journos steal their ideas and don’t credit the site. I will give Kurt this much, at least he doesn’t cherry pick comments and will respond to them. I have respect for that.

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 8:39 PM

Florio is crazy objective and drmonkey thats the dumbest piece of a paragraph i’ve ever read..

You basically said blah blah blah he gets paid doesn’t make him good blah blah blah..
        Thank you for pointing out something obvious, you must be a genius! Obviously paying someone doesn’t entitle them to automatically become the best ever. I’m pretty sure NBC doesn’t hire hacks to write in their multi million dollar websites. So yes I’m sure he’s very good at the job he does and he’s really not that objective. He just posts blogs about the news which happens to be largely about miami. Why?? Because most people don’t care about the mavs other than the fact that they’re playing the heat. If it was bulls mavs, the mavs would get so little media coverage most people probably wouldn’t know who was playing in the nba championship.

• philtration - Jun 10, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Yes, Florio is very objective and he will delete your comments if you call him out on it.
        You also can longer type his name on PFT or it will block your comment.

THAT is talking yourself far too seriously.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 10, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Thank you philtration. You are absolutely right. I had a discussion about that exact topic on hardballtalk yesterday or today. It is ridiculous. At least if you call Kurt out he will respond. Like I said, I respect that. I might not like the way he goes about his job, but I at least have respect for the guy….Florio, not so much.

• Justin - Jun 11, 2011 at 11:10 AM

I think the big difference is that this is a blog. I don’t care if Kurt is biased because then I can agree or disagree and comment accordingly. A big part of this website is Kurt blogging and people getting pissed and commenting or agreeing and commenting.

Does anybody watch ESPN? Derek Jeter can’t fart without it getting on the top 10 but when my team wins their division they get a 30 second blip where the announcers don’t even pronounce the players’ names correctly.

8. pdbro - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:03 PM

Hold up. Kurt, do you even pay attention to the goings on in this sport? Wade and Dirk are not friends, and it goes back to Wade’s comments about Dirk in ’06. That lead to Dirk pulling the ignore card on Wade at subsequent All Star meetings. I’m sure there is respect between the players, but they certainly do not like each other.

How would you have liked Dirk to conduct a press conference while sick? Cough into the microphone and not cover his mouth? I’m sure a 102* fever is mild when you sit at a desk writing poorly thought out blog entries, but when you’re putting everything on the line in the NBA Finals I imagine the toll is significantly greater. Please let me know if I’m wrong on this one.

• Romulus - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:03 PM

Not to mention this guy who wrote this would not come to work with a 102 fever or sinus infection and cough. This was calling something immature and classless a joke. Brushing it off about as quickly as the Mavs did the Heat last night. “Now or Never” right?

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:08 PM

No one knows what his temperature was. I’m positive they said it only had a chance at going to that degree. An if it was even ever there i’m sure it wasn’t for long…

Remember dirk is an all star athlete for a million dollar corporation. I’m more than positive he got exactly what he needed to play the game. Cure’s for the common 24 hour cold are quite commons now a days.. Same with controlling a temperature

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM

“Cure’s for the common 24 hour cold are quite commons now a days.. Same with controlling a temperature” – Remember when I said you’re ignorance is a big factor in your arrogance…

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:29 PM

your*

• savvybynature - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Dude, there is no cure for the common cold! That just shows you have no clue what you are talking about.

And no one knows what his temperature was!?! Really!?! Cuz I’m pretty sure this is 2011, not the middle ages, and thermometers have been around for a long time.

• drmonkeyarmy - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:53 PM

There is no cure for the common cold genius. Sure, you can get zinc lozenges and the like but they are a palliative treatment not a cure. Furthermore, the scientific evidence that they decrease the length of the cold is sketchy and debatable. There is a means to control ones temperature, it is called Tylenol. However, running around on a basketball court I am sure more than negates those effects.

9. frobaggins - Jun 10, 2011 at 1:28 PM

whats ironic is that i had no clue nowitzki was even sick till tip-off, where as lebron was sick a couple weeks ago and rachel nichols had a 5 minute report on him not feeling well about 4 hours before game time. not to mention all the discussion about it leading up to the game and after it. someone should have reminded lebron about that before he tried to copy his older sister dwyane wade and make jokes

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:04 PM

I hate you and everyone who liked your post.. for so many reasons

1. You didn’t know dirk was sick?? I knew several hours before the game. That’s just a dumb statement that “you” didn’t know. Obviously you weren’t paying attention.
      2. How is that James fault at all? He happens to be more popular than dirk and the news makes money when hes reported about. He’s just a victim of the system. O and being one of the best players of all time..

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:22 PM

Hate the truth. Enjoy loosing twice in Miami.

• frobaggins - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM

k brah, chill, take a step back and re-read what you said to me and realize what a little kid you sound like. i actually can’t believe i’m responding to something so asinine, but i got nothing better to do

1. why is it dumb that i didn’t know? am i only allowed to watch the game if i watch all the pregame leading up to it so i’m fully educated on the storylines? like i actually care what lebron james is tweeting about and whatever before a game? i’ll watch seinfeld and the simpsons over sportcenter during that time slot all day and twice on sundays.

2. how is james fault at all? well for one how bout him just saying “i just have a cough, im good”. boom, done. but explain how rachel nichols would report that lebron has had a “tough time sleeping”? i’ll come up with two reasons:

A. she was in the hotel room banging him out
        B. someone actually told her this so she can report he is losing sleep, has a cold, blah blah blah. why else would anyone tell a reporter something like that if they didn’t want it public?

so is he still a victim of the system if he was the one to let out his symptoms and the details of his sleep cycles the last few nights? you can’t be a victim when you begging for the attention tough guy

thanks for playing

• dsjcn3 - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Lie. Dirk’s sickness didnt come out till during the game when people saw him coughing in the huddle. They kept it under wraps

• savocabol1 - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:55 PM

I was waiting for someone to post something about this. Mark my words: If Lebron was sick he would let the whole world know. Even if his temperature was 99degrees he would leak it to the press. If Lebron was as sick as Dirk (and played like him in that game), reporters around the country would be saying how heroic of a performance he had. Dirk gets a couple of attaboys by some local reporters while the rest of them claim he was barely sick.

Hell, I remember a game recently when Wade was sick and they had constant updates in the few mins leading up to the game and every few mins into the game about how Wade was feeling. I remember them describing in length how they were pumping him full of fluids and blah blah blah.

Long winded post to say that the media will make a HUGE deal about one of the big three being sick. Swap Lebron and Dirk in this video. You think you would be writing about how this is giving Lebron motivation Kurt?

• andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:02 PM

woww for one its dumb because you’re stating it as a fact. When its obviously not!

secondly I like where you’re going with the whole shes banging him out idea. Sadly I doubt it was him spreading that out for attention. I doubt James sits there and thinks oo how can I get into the news. The reality is he probably told a friend or a trainer and it leaked out eventually. People pay for news about important players. Such as Lebron

So yes he is a victim of the sports system thats now more TMZ than anything. He happens to be the biggest name in the NBA. He’s gonna get attention like it.

• Justin - Jun 11, 2011 at 11:18 AM

“I doubt James sits there and thinks oo how can I get into the news.”

Do ya really doubt it? Perhaps you missed his 1 hour decision on ESPN? Because that sounds exactly like what he was thinking. And spare me the crap that people that work for him set it up. He could just as easily nixed the idea.

10. savocabol1 - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Can we actually get back to talking about the game now?

________________________________________________________

I think you mean can we actually get back to writing more Miami stories?

11. andrejohnsonforpresident - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:02 PM

HA I agree with lebron and wade! That was some lame crap dirk pulled.. OOO I have a 24 hour cold… Boo hooo you don’t run around the court and do anything always. I wouldn’t even consider your base-line garbage plays you pull as physical activity. Your freakish skeletor like build gives you a stride that is only outsized by your massive overbite. Three steps and you can go from the 3 point line to the rim. An your stupid fade away shot. We all know you put your leg out to block people as much as you can from getting in your face.

Lebron you need to step it up a little and get aggressive. An find some time to sit the man. Or put someone else on Jason terry in the 4th. He’s obviously cashis claying Lebron and doing all his damage when he’s tired.

• savocabol1 - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Are you really trying to state that Dirk isn’t a good player? Apparently your head is so far up Lebron’s ass you can’t see reality.

As a poster said earlier ‘child please’

12. kilo0986 - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:17 PM

Damn, and I thought espn rode lebron’s jock hard… but Kurt…… holy s#!t this guy takes the cake the refreshments and the whole damn party

13. cowtownrob - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:32 PM

Maybe they should try mocking Dirk’s 4th quarter preformances.

14. memphisyinzer - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:34 PM

LeBron is just showing his low class ghetto upbringing and it shouldn’t surprise anyone. I’m really surprised at D Wade being low class. I hope the Mavs run all over them on Sunday and I hope the CIty of Miami turns on these 2 low rent punks. I didn’t have an interest in either team until now. Go MAVS !!!!

15. mrnovacaine - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Kurt wrote this post with one hand,the other one on lebrons nuts.smdh that damn shame

16. zekemob - Jun 10, 2011 at 2:53 PM

They are not mocking Dirk, they are coughing after choking away all these 4th qtr leads.

• denverhoopdreams - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:32 PM

ZINGGG!

17. goforthanddie - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:03 PM

Funny how the sick Euro beat their South Beach asses.

18. imamanim40 - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:04 PM

it’s ok…lebron and d-wade are the ones who are going to feel really sick after these finals are done

19. dsjcn3 - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:07 PM

What if Dirk started mocking Wade and grabbing his hip with a limp? Kurt would be in an uproar.

Bet he wouldnt say “At the end of the day LeBron, Wade and Dirk are buddies who respect each other. There is no malice here, just some guys in team sports poking a little fun at each other” in that article. What a joke

20. savvybynature - Jun 10, 2011 at 3:48 PM

I’m just glad they are able to take choking away their chance at a ring this year in stride.

I mean who cares who has been the better basketball player, who has the better team, and who gets to legitimately call themselves the champion right?

DWade and Bron have jokes! And each other, and that’s (apparently) what really matters.

21. md23rewlz - Jun 10, 2011 at 4:32 PM

For their next little joke, they should tear the tendons in their left middle fingers and then abuse Chris Bosh by driving past him repeatedly in practice. That’d show Dirk!

22. metalhead65 - Jun 10, 2011 at 6:27 PM

once again your heat bias shows kurt. one can only the outrage being spewed by heat basketballtalk.com had any of the mavs. done anything to mock the 3 jesters.bet it would be more than a joke to you then right?

23. jebronlames - Jun 10, 2011 at 10:09 PM

I know I’m a little late … but hasn’t Lebron (King Lames) been nonexistent during the Finals. He’s a decent dunker, but unfortunately for him he’s not even the best player on his own team. I am proud to see that he’s a good closer in one aspect … practical jokes. Heat sux … James sux worse. His performance this series has sealed it for him being the best overpaid under-performer. Kudos, James.

What if Dirk would’ve been like, “Hey Lebron … your mom nursed me back to health last night.” Think they’d be buddies after that joke?

Hey andre … your boy is a chump!

24. ndirishfan1 - Jun 10, 2011 at 11:52 PM

This is pretty childish, but Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson making fun of Alonzo Mourning’s kidney ailment a few years back with the Nets still takes the cake.

25. streatordave - Jun 11, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Nice video guys. Wish I could have seen it B-4 CBS figured out it was copyright infringement.
    Very professional NOT!………………:(