Jun 10, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
There are a few good reasons the Warriors want to move Monta Ellis — the Stephen Curry and Ellis back court has run its course, they need to get bigger and more defensive and Ellis is good trade bait, and…
Maybe Ellis and David Lee do not get along.
Lee is reportedly tight with owner Joe Lacob and then comes this little nugget out of the San Jose Mercury News’ trade rumors breakdown:
Meanwhile, Lee and Ellis are not close pals–one source indicates that Ellis at one point last season informed coach Keith Smart that, if possible, he wanted no part of being around Lee, except on the court.
The Warriors are shopping Ellis around, but with the looming lockout and the unknown of what the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like, teams will be more hesitant to pull the trigger on big deals. But it looks more and more like Monta Ellis will wear another uniform next season.
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 1
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 18
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 16
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 16
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48