Jun 10, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
There are a few good reasons the Warriors want to move Monta Ellis — the Stephen Curry and Ellis back court has run its course, they need to get bigger and more defensive and Ellis is good trade bait, and…
Maybe Ellis and David Lee do not get along.
Lee is reportedly tight with owner Joe Lacob and then comes this little nugget out of the San Jose Mercury News’ trade rumors breakdown:
Meanwhile, Lee and Ellis are not close pals–one source indicates that Ellis at one point last season informed coach Keith Smart that, if possible, he wanted no part of being around Lee, except on the court.
The Warriors are shopping Ellis around, but with the looming lockout and the unknown of what the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like, teams will be more hesitant to pull the trigger on big deals. But it looks more and more like Monta Ellis will wear another uniform next season.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 83
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20