Jun 10, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
There are a few good reasons the Warriors want to move Monta Ellis — the Stephen Curry and Ellis back court has run its course, they need to get bigger and more defensive and Ellis is good trade bait, and…
Maybe Ellis and David Lee do not get along.
Lee is reportedly tight with owner Joe Lacob and then comes this little nugget out of the San Jose Mercury News’ trade rumors breakdown:
Meanwhile, Lee and Ellis are not close pals–one source indicates that Ellis at one point last season informed coach Keith Smart that, if possible, he wanted no part of being around Lee, except on the court.
The Warriors are shopping Ellis around, but with the looming lockout and the unknown of what the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like, teams will be more hesitant to pull the trigger on big deals. But it looks more and more like Monta Ellis will wear another uniform next season.
- Adam Silver: NBA stars playing in international competition face ‘a big risk’ 12
- Derrick Rose says he’ll play Friday vs. Puerto Rico 11
- Report: Don’t be so sure on Anthony Bennett to Philadelphia rumors 54
- Report: Nike gets chance to match 10-year, $265 million offer to Kevin Durant from Under Armour 17
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 18
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 34
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 11