Jun 10, 2011, 2:26 PM EDT
There are a few good reasons the Warriors want to move Monta Ellis — the Stephen Curry and Ellis back court has run its course, they need to get bigger and more defensive and Ellis is good trade bait, and…
Maybe Ellis and David Lee do not get along.
Lee is reportedly tight with owner Joe Lacob and then comes this little nugget out of the San Jose Mercury News’ trade rumors breakdown:
Meanwhile, Lee and Ellis are not close pals–one source indicates that Ellis at one point last season informed coach Keith Smart that, if possible, he wanted no part of being around Lee, except on the court.
The Warriors are shopping Ellis around, but with the looming lockout and the unknown of what the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like, teams will be more hesitant to pull the trigger on big deals. But it looks more and more like Monta Ellis will wear another uniform next season.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 42
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18