Jun 10, 2011, 2:26 PM EST
There are a few good reasons the Warriors want to move Monta Ellis — the Stephen Curry and Ellis back court has run its course, they need to get bigger and more defensive and Ellis is good trade bait, and…
Maybe Ellis and David Lee do not get along.
Lee is reportedly tight with owner Joe Lacob and then comes this little nugget out of the San Jose Mercury News’ trade rumors breakdown:
Meanwhile, Lee and Ellis are not close pals–one source indicates that Ellis at one point last season informed coach Keith Smart that, if possible, he wanted no part of being around Lee, except on the court.
The Warriors are shopping Ellis around, but with the looming lockout and the unknown of what the new Collective Bargaining Agreement will look like, teams will be more hesitant to pull the trigger on big deals. But it looks more and more like Monta Ellis will wear another uniform next season.
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 13
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 3
- After Lakers’ 48-point loss, Laker GM Kupchak, owner Buss met with coach D’Antoni 25
- Report: Knicks offer Phil Jackson a front office position 27
- Is Carmelo Anthony’s smart play to opt in and play out contract with Knicks? 25