Jun 10, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
But No. 3?
The consensus is that the Jazz would take Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight third. They need a point guard of the future, Knight is one of those “upside” guys in the draft that could really work out down the line…
But teams are losing faith in him, according to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
…sources say the Kentucky point guard could be risking his chance to go third overall to Utah by refusing to work out against competition. Knight has an open invitation to join Connecticut’s Kemba Walker, BYU’s Jimmer Fredette and UCLA’s Malcolm Lee in a June 15 workout with the Jazz, but sources close to both sides said he has yet to decide whether to take part.
What’s more, there are rumblings that Utah is less than thrilled at the notion that Knight would even consider dictating the terms with the No. 3 pick (although Turkish center Enes Kanter already did just that in his Jazz workout in Chicago in which Toronto also took part). It’s unclear whether the Jazz would take a hard-line stance and refuse to take Knight unless he worked out against other top-line competitors, but that appears to be a possibility.
If they don’t take Knight, then who? The Jazz really need Enes Kanter?
Knight may very well still go No. 3, but if you think Kemba Walker is willing to take on all comers and Knight is not, do you rethink your pick?
Then again, with this draft, who knows?
- Report: Chicago Bulls give Jimmy Butler max qualifying offer 17
- Report: Dwyane Wade will not opt-in with Heat, to become free agent (as expected) 25
- Report: Knicks front runner to land Arron Afflalo (and Greg Monroe, too) 27
- Report: Luol Deng surprises Miami, opts in for 2015-16 season 30
- Report: Sense around league is Kevin Love will re-sign with Cavaliers 31
- Report: As deadline nears, signs still point to Dwyane Wade opting out, becoming free agent 40
- Report: Dallas most likely team to lure DeAndre Jordan from Clippers, Chandler Parsons already recruiting 24
- Report: Lakers would still trade D’Angelo Russell for DeMarcus Cousins straight up. Kings wouldn’t. 30