Jun 10, 2011, 5:14 PM EST
But No. 3?
The consensus is that the Jazz would take Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight third. They need a point guard of the future, Knight is one of those “upside” guys in the draft that could really work out down the line…
But teams are losing faith in him, according to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
…sources say the Kentucky point guard could be risking his chance to go third overall to Utah by refusing to work out against competition. Knight has an open invitation to join Connecticut’s Kemba Walker, BYU’s Jimmer Fredette and UCLA’s Malcolm Lee in a June 15 workout with the Jazz, but sources close to both sides said he has yet to decide whether to take part.
What’s more, there are rumblings that Utah is less than thrilled at the notion that Knight would even consider dictating the terms with the No. 3 pick (although Turkish center Enes Kanter already did just that in his Jazz workout in Chicago in which Toronto also took part). It’s unclear whether the Jazz would take a hard-line stance and refuse to take Knight unless he worked out against other top-line competitors, but that appears to be a possibility.
If they don’t take Knight, then who? The Jazz really need Enes Kanter?
Knight may very well still go No. 3, but if you think Kemba Walker is willing to take on all comers and Knight is not, do you rethink your pick?
Then again, with this draft, who knows?
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City canceled 5
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)