Jun 10, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
But No. 3?
The consensus is that the Jazz would take Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight third. They need a point guard of the future, Knight is one of those “upside” guys in the draft that could really work out down the line…
But teams are losing faith in him, according to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
…sources say the Kentucky point guard could be risking his chance to go third overall to Utah by refusing to work out against competition. Knight has an open invitation to join Connecticut’s Kemba Walker, BYU’s Jimmer Fredette and UCLA’s Malcolm Lee in a June 15 workout with the Jazz, but sources close to both sides said he has yet to decide whether to take part.
What’s more, there are rumblings that Utah is less than thrilled at the notion that Knight would even consider dictating the terms with the No. 3 pick (although Turkish center Enes Kanter already did just that in his Jazz workout in Chicago in which Toronto also took part). It’s unclear whether the Jazz would take a hard-line stance and refuse to take Knight unless he worked out against other top-line competitors, but that appears to be a possibility.
If they don’t take Knight, then who? The Jazz really need Enes Kanter?
Knight may very well still go No. 3, but if you think Kemba Walker is willing to take on all comers and Knight is not, do you rethink your pick?
Then again, with this draft, who knows?
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 25
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 29
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4