Jun 10, 2011, 5:14 PM EDT
But No. 3?
The consensus is that the Jazz would take Kentucky point guard Brandon Knight third. They need a point guard of the future, Knight is one of those “upside” guys in the draft that could really work out down the line…
But teams are losing faith in him, according to Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
…sources say the Kentucky point guard could be risking his chance to go third overall to Utah by refusing to work out against competition. Knight has an open invitation to join Connecticut’s Kemba Walker, BYU’s Jimmer Fredette and UCLA’s Malcolm Lee in a June 15 workout with the Jazz, but sources close to both sides said he has yet to decide whether to take part.
What’s more, there are rumblings that Utah is less than thrilled at the notion that Knight would even consider dictating the terms with the No. 3 pick (although Turkish center Enes Kanter already did just that in his Jazz workout in Chicago in which Toronto also took part). It’s unclear whether the Jazz would take a hard-line stance and refuse to take Knight unless he worked out against other top-line competitors, but that appears to be a possibility.
If they don’t take Knight, then who? The Jazz really need Enes Kanter?
Knight may very well still go No. 3, but if you think Kemba Walker is willing to take on all comers and Knight is not, do you rethink your pick?
Then again, with this draft, who knows?
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 0
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Dallas has to find a way to deal with Dwight Howard 1
- Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James 20
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Marcus Smart needs to take on Kyrie Irving challenge 1
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Pelican guards need to stay with Curry, Thompson 1
- PBT Extra: Matchup to watch in Bulls vs. Bucks, Derrick Rose vs. Michael Carter-Williams 6
- Pat Riley: ‘No more smiling faces with hidden agendas.’ That’s totally about LeBron, right? 33
- Report: One Trail Blazers player gives LaMarcus Aldridge just 50-50 chance of re-signing 10