Jun 9, 2011, 8:43 AM EDT
Turns out they were true. And he accepted.
The Serbian center started last season with the Thunder then was traded to the Celtics as part of the Kendrick Perkins deal. He was set to be a free agent July 1 but the Celtics had expressed interest in bringing him back for next season.
This may be the first case of a defection to Europe because of the pending lockout. Krstic would have been one of the free agents in limbo, waiting for a deal to be worked out before he could sign. And he was given a real second option, one of Europe’s best teams.
Krstic signing in Russia and the retirement of Shaquille O’Neal leaves Boston with just one center on the roster in Jermaine O’Neal. Finding another one will be a high priority for Danny Ainge this offseason.
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 0
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 2
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 3
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Cavaliers bask in another lottery victory 11
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- Play Video: Metta World Peace the weatherman
- Play Video: Eastern Conference finals preview
- Play Video: Heat gearing for another physical battle
- Play Video: Phil Jackson compares MJ and Kobe
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars