Jun 9, 2011, 11:20 AM EDT
LeBron James had a usage rate of 20.5 last game — meaning when he was on the floor 20.5 percent of the time a play ended with a James shot, turnover or trip to the free throw line.
That is his lowest number in any regular season or playoff game this past season. And according to Hoopdata, it is even lower than his usage rate in the legendary “collapse” game against Boston last season (in that game he still got to the line 12 times, it was just 4 times on Tuesday).
We all get it but we thought we’d just thought we’d emphasize it one more time — LeBron was passive in Game 4.
After that disaster in Boston he exploded in the next game. Heat fans hope to see that Thursday. What LeBron shows up is the big story of Game 5. This is the biggest game of LeBron’s life, he needs to be a major factor in the outcome.
He tweeted like he gets it:
Now or Never!!
He also sounded like he got it when speaking to the media Wednesday.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
We will see. LeBron has to not only be more aggressive — especially if guarded by Jason Kidd or Jason Terry — but has to recognize when the defense has shifted to focus on him and left teammates open. He has to continue to dominate on defense. He needs to have a great all around game.
If he does, the Heat will be a very difficult team to beat.
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 20
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 30
- Steve Ballmer screams like a maniac at Clippers rally 26
- Thibodeau calls Team USA “perfect setting” for Derrick Rose to make return 6
- What four players left likely to get cut from Team USA roster? Things don’t look good for Andre Drummond. 19
- John Calipari says he was not close to going to Cleveland. LeBron or not. 12
- Report: Shawn Marion commits to play with Cavaliers, LeBron James 47