Jun 9, 2011, 11:45 AM EDT
Imagine a fast break coming at you with Andre Iguodala on one wing and Blake Griffin on the other, with Eric Gordon handling the ball and D’Andre Jordan as the trailer into the lane to pick up any garbage.
Rumors of the Clippers and 76ers discussing an Andre Iguodala trade had fans salivating about just how much fun the Clippers would be to watch if that deal went through. And that’s a Clippers lineup we might get to watch deep into the playoffs.
Trade-talk addendum: Iguodala loves idea of Clips but source briefed on talks says LAC likely has to sweeten offer to get Philly to bite
Stein gets to the core problem with this deal as it stands — great for the Clippers, not that thrilling for the Sixers.
Kaman would be an upgrade at the center position, when healthy he is a well-rounded big man who can defend, score and is a surprisingly deft passer. When healthy is key, he played just 32 games last season.
Besides, the Sixers wanted a more athletic big. They want to get younger and faster, not older and slower. The Clippers have said they are not trading Jordan, he is their future at center, so the Clips would have to find something else the Sixers really want.
My guess? It’s going to be very unlikely the deal gets done in any form. But man, it’s fun to think about Iguodala on the Clippers.
For the record, there is also a report out there that the Orlando Magic offered Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu for Iguodala. For the Sixers, that is a much worse offer than just Kaman (they don’t need a point guard and nobody needs Turkoglu). Not going to happen, just letting you know it’s out there.
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 0
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 4
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 2
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14