Jun 9, 2011, 11:45 AM EST
Imagine a fast break coming at you with Andre Iguodala on one wing and Blake Griffin on the other, with Eric Gordon handling the ball and D’Andre Jordan as the trailer into the lane to pick up any garbage.
Rumors of the Clippers and 76ers discussing an Andre Iguodala trade had fans salivating about just how much fun the Clippers would be to watch if that deal went through. And that’s a Clippers lineup we might get to watch deep into the playoffs.
Trade-talk addendum: Iguodala loves idea of Clips but source briefed on talks says LAC likely has to sweeten offer to get Philly to bite
Stein gets to the core problem with this deal as it stands — great for the Clippers, not that thrilling for the Sixers.
Kaman would be an upgrade at the center position, when healthy he is a well-rounded big man who can defend, score and is a surprisingly deft passer. When healthy is key, he played just 32 games last season.
Besides, the Sixers wanted a more athletic big. They want to get younger and faster, not older and slower. The Clippers have said they are not trading Jordan, he is their future at center, so the Clips would have to find something else the Sixers really want.
My guess? It’s going to be very unlikely the deal gets done in any form. But man, it’s fun to think about Iguodala on the Clippers.
For the record, there is also a report out there that the Orlando Magic offered Jameer Nelson and Hedo Turkoglu for Iguodala. For the Sixers, that is a much worse offer than just Kaman (they don’t need a point guard and nobody needs Turkoglu). Not going to happen, just letting you know it’s out there.
- Wesley Matthew’s injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 2
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 8
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14