Jun 9, 2011, 7:49 PM EDT
Brandon Haywood gave it his best in Game 4 of the NBA Finals after missing all of Game 3 with a hip injury, but he simply couldn’t make it work. The Mavericks were outscored by a whopping 10 points in Haywood’s three minutes on the floor in Game 4, and Rick Carlisle announced before Game 5 that Haywood will be on the inactive list.
The Mavericks survived Haywood’s absence in Game 4 by leaning heavily on their starters — the only other forward or center to come off the Maverick bench was Brian Cardinal, and he only played seven total minutes. Fortunately for the Mavericks, starting center Tyson Chandler was able to stay out of foul trouble all game long, and was able to give Rick Carlisle 43 minutes. The Mavericks are almost certainly hoping something similar occurs in Game 5; if Chandler gets fatigued or into foul trouble, they’ll have to rely on little-used Ian Mahinmi.
- Bugs Bunny teases the Jordan XXX in interview with Ahmad Rashad (VIDEO) 0
- Report: LeBron James calls the plays, Cavaliers coach David Blatt repeats them to team 45
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 12
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13