Jun 9, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade, the best Miami Heat player in the finals, left and went back to the locker room in the first quarter with a hip injury, but returned in the second quarter. He has played well but seems to be walking with a slight limp heading into halftime.
He did not come out to start the second half and is unclear if he would play in that half
Officially it is a left hip contusion and he was questionable to return, but if you thought he was out for good I have some land to sell you near the Everglades. He returned in the second quarter, before things tightened up at halftime.
Wade made some good moves upon his return in both directions and showed no ill effects. He finished the half with 11 points on 2-5 shooting and got to the line 8 times.
Now the bigger question is how will it feel before Game 6?
The injury occurred when he drove the lane and collided with Brian Cardinal in the first quarter. Cardinal was called for blocking on what was a very physical play, although it was a borderline call. At best.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 7
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 21
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 54
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 25
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 8
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 47
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65