Jun 9, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Dwyane Wade, the best Miami Heat player in the finals, left and went back to the locker room in the first quarter with a hip injury, but returned in the second quarter. He has played well but seems to be walking with a slight limp heading into halftime.
He did not come out to start the second half and is unclear if he would play in that half
Officially it is a left hip contusion and he was questionable to return, but if you thought he was out for good I have some land to sell you near the Everglades. He returned in the second quarter, before things tightened up at halftime.
Wade made some good moves upon his return in both directions and showed no ill effects. He finished the half with 11 points on 2-5 shooting and got to the line 8 times.
Now the bigger question is how will it feel before Game 6?
The injury occurred when he drove the lane and collided with Brian Cardinal in the first quarter. Cardinal was called for blocking on what was a very physical play, although it was a borderline call. At best.
- What rust? Russell Westbrook returns, puts up 32 points in 24 minutes (VIDEO) 0
- NBA denies Kings’ protest 2
- Russell Westbrook returns to court tonight for Thunder vs. Knicks 9
- Kobe Bryant says Gary Payton, Kevin Garnett among best trash talkers he’s faced 11
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 8
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 8