Jun 9, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade, the best Miami Heat player in the finals, left and went back to the locker room in the first quarter with a hip injury, but returned in the second quarter. He has played well but seems to be walking with a slight limp heading into halftime.
He did not come out to start the second half and is unclear if he would play in that half
Officially it is a left hip contusion and he was questionable to return, but if you thought he was out for good I have some land to sell you near the Everglades. He returned in the second quarter, before things tightened up at halftime.
Wade made some good moves upon his return in both directions and showed no ill effects. He finished the half with 11 points on 2-5 shooting and got to the line 8 times.
Now the bigger question is how will it feel before Game 6?
The injury occurred when he drove the lane and collided with Brian Cardinal in the first quarter. Cardinal was called for blocking on what was a very physical play, although it was a borderline call. At best.
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (82)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'