Jun 9, 2011, 10:26 PM EDT
Dwyane Wade, the best Miami Heat player in the finals, left and went back to the locker room in the first quarter with a hip injury, but returned in the second quarter. He has played well but seems to be walking with a slight limp heading into halftime.
He did not come out to start the second half and is unclear if he would play in that half
Officially it is a left hip contusion and he was questionable to return, but if you thought he was out for good I have some land to sell you near the Everglades. He returned in the second quarter, before things tightened up at halftime.
Wade made some good moves upon his return in both directions and showed no ill effects. He finished the half with 11 points on 2-5 shooting and got to the line 8 times.
Now the bigger question is how will it feel before Game 6?
The injury occurred when he drove the lane and collided with Brian Cardinal in the first quarter. Cardinal was called for blocking on what was a very physical play, although it was a borderline call. At best.
- Report: Lakers ‘actively discussing’ trade for Roy Hibbert with Pacers 0
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 75
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 42
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 47
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 57
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 12