Jun 9, 2011, 10:26 PM EST
Dwyane Wade, the best Miami Heat player in the finals, left and went back to the locker room in the first quarter with a hip injury, but returned in the second quarter. He has played well but seems to be walking with a slight limp heading into halftime.
He did not come out to start the second half and is unclear if he would play in that half
Officially it is a left hip contusion and he was questionable to return, but if you thought he was out for good I have some land to sell you near the Everglades. He returned in the second quarter, before things tightened up at halftime.
Wade made some good moves upon his return in both directions and showed no ill effects. He finished the half with 11 points on 2-5 shooting and got to the line 8 times.
Now the bigger question is how will it feel before Game 6?
The injury occurred when he drove the lane and collided with Brian Cardinal in the first quarter. Cardinal was called for blocking on what was a very physical play, although it was a borderline call. At best.
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star 0
- Reports: Houston Rockets pull out of Asik trade talks, will keep him for now 25
- Report: Michael Jordan’s wife pregnant with twin girls 6
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) 36
- The Extra Pass: Golden State’s Elevator Screen plus Wednesday’s recaps 1
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (106)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns (48)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)