Jun 9, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Officially, Brendan Haywood is a game time decision for Game 5.
Officially, I have a chance of getting a date with Minka Kelly. Both of these things have about the same chance of happening.
The Mavericks will not officially shut the door on Haywood playing, in case that water they ordered from Lourdes shows up and a miracle happens. But Haywood himself said yesterday his strained hip flexor should take five or six weeks to heal and trying to play on it now just means no lateral movement. Which was not really a strength to begin with, but now Chris Bosh is blowing past him for easy buckets and Dallas can’t give those up.
But they miss Haywood’s steady play while Tyson Chandler rests. And if Chandler gets in foul trouble… just hope that doesn’t happen, Mavs fans.
We’ll tell you when it’s official. In case you are scoring at home.
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 0
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 5
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 9
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 54
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8
- Andrei Kirilenko leaves Nets for road trip, Lionel Hollins unsure if he’ll return 14