Jun 9, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Officially, Brendan Haywood is a game time decision for Game 5.
Officially, I have a chance of getting a date with Minka Kelly. Both of these things have about the same chance of happening.
The Mavericks will not officially shut the door on Haywood playing, in case that water they ordered from Lourdes shows up and a miracle happens. But Haywood himself said yesterday his strained hip flexor should take five or six weeks to heal and trying to play on it now just means no lateral movement. Which was not really a strength to begin with, but now Chris Bosh is blowing past him for easy buckets and Dallas can’t give those up.
But they miss Haywood’s steady play while Tyson Chandler rests. And if Chandler gets in foul trouble… just hope that doesn’t happen, Mavs fans.
We’ll tell you when it’s official. In case you are scoring at home.
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 11
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 16
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 10
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 25