Jun 9, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Officially, Brendan Haywood is a game time decision for Game 5.
Officially, I have a chance of getting a date with Minka Kelly. Both of these things have about the same chance of happening.
The Mavericks will not officially shut the door on Haywood playing, in case that water they ordered from Lourdes shows up and a miracle happens. But Haywood himself said yesterday his strained hip flexor should take five or six weeks to heal and trying to play on it now just means no lateral movement. Which was not really a strength to begin with, but now Chris Bosh is blowing past him for easy buckets and Dallas can’t give those up.
But they miss Haywood’s steady play while Tyson Chandler rests. And if Chandler gets in foul trouble… just hope that doesn’t happen, Mavs fans.
We’ll tell you when it’s official. In case you are scoring at home.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 8
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 43
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 55
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 86
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13