Jun 9, 2011, 2:44 PM EST
Officially, Brendan Haywood is a game time decision for Game 5.
Officially, I have a chance of getting a date with Minka Kelly. Both of these things have about the same chance of happening.
The Mavericks will not officially shut the door on Haywood playing, in case that water they ordered from Lourdes shows up and a miracle happens. But Haywood himself said yesterday his strained hip flexor should take five or six weeks to heal and trying to play on it now just means no lateral movement. Which was not really a strength to begin with, but now Chris Bosh is blowing past him for easy buckets and Dallas can’t give those up.
But they miss Haywood’s steady play while Tyson Chandler rests. And if Chandler gets in foul trouble… just hope that doesn’t happen, Mavs fans.
We’ll tell you when it’s official. In case you are scoring at home.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 62
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13