Jun 9, 2011, 2:44 PM EDT
Officially, Brendan Haywood is a game time decision for Game 5.
Officially, I have a chance of getting a date with Minka Kelly. Both of these things have about the same chance of happening.
The Mavericks will not officially shut the door on Haywood playing, in case that water they ordered from Lourdes shows up and a miracle happens. But Haywood himself said yesterday his strained hip flexor should take five or six weeks to heal and trying to play on it now just means no lateral movement. Which was not really a strength to begin with, but now Chris Bosh is blowing past him for easy buckets and Dallas can’t give those up.
But they miss Haywood’s steady play while Tyson Chandler rests. And if Chandler gets in foul trouble… just hope that doesn’t happen, Mavs fans.
We’ll tell you when it’s official. In case you are scoring at home.
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 3
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 9
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 17
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 25
- Warriors survive James Harden in Game 2, take 2-0 lead in Western Conference finals 15