Jun 9, 2011, 5:04 PM EST
Charles Barkley may not want to buy a second home in the Miami area.
There’s not a lot of love for him there, because he still has no love for the Miami Heat. And because he is Charles Barkley, he proclaims that from the mountaintops.
“Listen, if the Miami Heat were playing the Washington Generals I would pick the Washington Generals,” Barkley said with a chuckle. “It’s something about that team that annoys me.
“They just a whiny bunch and I can’t root for them.”
Barkley has already had his moments with Heat fans and, well, this is Barkley. At least he’s honest about it. And outside of Miami, a lot of people feel the same way.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 14
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 7
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16