Jun 8, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
But Golden state has not been monogamous in shopping Ellis around, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
League sources said the Warriors also have discussed Ellis, among a variety of other players, in trade talks with Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Orlando and the Lakers. Executive board member Jerry West said at his opening news conference last month that the Warriors needed to be willing to take risks, and the most obvious gamble would be breaking up the backcourt of Ellis and Stephen Curry.
Keith Smart won 36 games last season as the Warriors coach and to expect Mark Jackson (or anyone else) to do much better with the same roster would be a big mistake. Golden State needs to rework the roster. But if they give up Ellis they need to get a lot back in return.
- NBA Playoff Preview: Golden State Warriors vs. Los Angeles Clippers 0
- Are the Warriors championship favorites? Adjusting for playoff rotations says yes 4
- Son tweets Craig Sager has acute leukemia 9
- The Al Jefferson Effect: Now that the Bobcats are playoff-bound, how they want their big man to help next 6
- 2014 PBT Awards: Coach of the Year 25