Jun 8, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
But Golden state has not been monogamous in shopping Ellis around, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
League sources said the Warriors also have discussed Ellis, among a variety of other players, in trade talks with Atlanta, Chicago, Memphis, Orlando and the Lakers. Executive board member Jerry West said at his opening news conference last month that the Warriors needed to be willing to take risks, and the most obvious gamble would be breaking up the backcourt of Ellis and Stephen Curry.
Keith Smart won 36 games last season as the Warriors coach and to expect Mark Jackson (or anyone else) to do much better with the same roster would be a big mistake. Golden State needs to rework the roster. But if they give up Ellis they need to get a lot back in return.
- Rockets don’t bring the energy, so Bulls bring the pain in securing a 24-point blowout victory 2
- Interesting stat: Teams score better in crunch time when they don’t call timeout 10
- Blake Griffin with as powerful a putback dunk as you’ll see (VIDEO) 11
- PBT Podcast: What is with the slumps of Miami, Indiana? Plus of course Phil Jackson talk. 3
- Extra Pass: Beyond Phil Jackson, Knicks should see Tim Hardaway as instrumental to their future 8