Jun 8, 2011, 5:47 PM EDT
For the 76ers, the move would be a way to fill a hole and save some money. Iguodala’s contract goes through the 2013/14 season, while Kaman’s contract at the end of next season. Additionally, the 76ers are weak at center. Kaman has been plagued by injuries over the past few seasons, and according to Stein the Clippers have chosen DeAndre Jordan over Kaman as their center of the future, but Kaman is still a very skilled offensive player who can score in the post as well as step out and make mid-range jump shots.
Iguodala wouldn’t help the Clippers, who ranked 25th in three-point percentage last season, space the floor, but he’d be a great fit in other areas. He would immediately give the Clippers’ suspect defense a huge boost, and an Iguodala/Griffin/Jordan frontcourt could very well be the most athletic frontcourt in the history of the league.
Conventional wisdom would suggest that the 76ers would want more talent in return if they’re going to trade a player like Iguodala, but the combination of salary cap relief and a possible solution at center may be enough to entice them to send Iguodala to Los Angeles.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 8
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 23
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 8
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 14
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 101
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (103)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'