Jun 8, 2011, 11:49 AM EST
Brendan Haywood gave it a shot on his bad hip, he played 3:05 (time that included a nice rest at the end of the first quarter) but he couldn’t do much. Chris Bosh blew by him like he was statue, Haywood had no lateral movement.
And he admitted to ESPN Dallas the strained right hip flexor may keep him out the rest of the NBA finals.
“It’s a four-to-five-week injury. I’m trying to get out there in four to five days,” Haywood said. “That’s just the situation. It’s a little disheartening, but it is what it is.”
Tyson Chandler had a monster game and so Haywood was not missed in Game 4. But Chandler normally sits about 15 minutes a game and no Haywood would leave the not-ready-for-prime-time Ian Mahinmi as the lone sub. Worse yet would be foul trouble for Chandler.
But Dallas is going to have to deal with it as Haywood looks to be out the rest of the way.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 2
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 3
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14
- Pelicans’ Anthony Davis a gametime decision Wednesday vs. Pistons 1