Jun 8, 2011, 11:49 AM EDT
Brendan Haywood gave it a shot on his bad hip, he played 3:05 (time that included a nice rest at the end of the first quarter) but he couldn’t do much. Chris Bosh blew by him like he was statue, Haywood had no lateral movement.
And he admitted to ESPN Dallas the strained right hip flexor may keep him out the rest of the NBA finals.
“It’s a four-to-five-week injury. I’m trying to get out there in four to five days,” Haywood said. “That’s just the situation. It’s a little disheartening, but it is what it is.”
Tyson Chandler had a monster game and so Haywood was not missed in Game 4. But Chandler normally sits about 15 minutes a game and no Haywood would leave the not-ready-for-prime-time Ian Mahinmi as the lone sub. Worse yet would be foul trouble for Chandler.
But Dallas is going to have to deal with it as Haywood looks to be out the rest of the way.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21