Jun 8, 2011, 11:49 AM EST
Brendan Haywood gave it a shot on his bad hip, he played 3:05 (time that included a nice rest at the end of the first quarter) but he couldn’t do much. Chris Bosh blew by him like he was statue, Haywood had no lateral movement.
And he admitted to ESPN Dallas the strained right hip flexor may keep him out the rest of the NBA finals.
“It’s a four-to-five-week injury. I’m trying to get out there in four to five days,” Haywood said. “That’s just the situation. It’s a little disheartening, but it is what it is.”
Tyson Chandler had a monster game and so Haywood was not missed in Game 4. But Chandler normally sits about 15 minutes a game and no Haywood would leave the not-ready-for-prime-time Ian Mahinmi as the lone sub. Worse yet would be foul trouble for Chandler.
But Dallas is going to have to deal with it as Haywood looks to be out the rest of the way.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 4
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 8
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 10
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 26
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 8
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10