Jun 8, 2011, 4:52 PM EST
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Michael Cunningham, Hawks forward Marvin Williams recently had surgery to “alleviate” a bulging disk in his back. He is expected to return to basketball-related activities in 6-8 weeks.
The former #2 pick averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, but managed only 4.8 points on 39.3% shooting in the playoffs.
- PBT’s Sunday Night NBA Winners/Losers: Cavaliers shouldn’t hit panic button, may want to locate it 0
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 2
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 22
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12