Jun 8, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Michael Cunningham, Hawks forward Marvin Williams recently had surgery to “alleviate” a bulging disk in his back. He is expected to return to basketball-related activities in 6-8 weeks.
The former #2 pick averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, but managed only 4.8 points on 39.3% shooting in the playoffs.
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40