Jun 8, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Michael Cunningham, Hawks forward Marvin Williams recently had surgery to “alleviate” a bulging disk in his back. He is expected to return to basketball-related activities in 6-8 weeks.
The former #2 pick averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, but managed only 4.8 points on 39.3% shooting in the playoffs.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 82
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20