Jun 8, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Michael Cunningham, Hawks forward Marvin Williams recently had surgery to “alleviate” a bulging disk in his back. He is expected to return to basketball-related activities in 6-8 weeks.
The former #2 pick averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, but managed only 4.8 points on 39.3% shooting in the playoffs.
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 16
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 9
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 14
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 23