Jun 8, 2011, 4:52 PM EDT
According to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution’s Michael Cunningham, Hawks forward Marvin Williams recently had surgery to “alleviate” a bulging disk in his back. He is expected to return to basketball-related activities in 6-8 weeks.
The former #2 pick averaged 10.4 points and 4.8 rebounds last season, but managed only 4.8 points on 39.3% shooting in the playoffs.
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 1
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 35
- Deron Williams fires back at Kobe: “If I’m 0-for-f******-9, I’m not shooting 20 more shots” 43
- LeBron James on running the Cavaliers offense: ‘This is Kyrie’s show’ 29