Jun 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
The league would not specify which tweets from Arenas got the fine or how much it was for, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It could be any number of jokes to or about women (although frankly, there are far more offensive things tweeted by NBA players than anything Arenas said).
As you would expect, Arenas turned to twitter to vent his frustrations (compiled by the Sentinel).
“yesthe nba has fined me….for being to awesome..so i can give you the shoes for FREE but gotta charge you for the jokes… i cant believe i got fined..how do i explain this to the lady at the bank…this is gonna take another 40mins… or i could just write a check and if theres a lockout just cancel the check it and maybe they will forget…..i think that will work..”
You gotta love Gilbert Arenas… unless you’re the Magic and have that contract on your books.
- Paul Pierce practiced Monday, could return vs. Celtics Tuesday 0
- Report: Kings not done trading, Jason Thompson next on block 4
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 1
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 9
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)