Jun 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The league would not specify which tweets from Arenas got the fine or how much it was for, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It could be any number of jokes to or about women (although frankly, there are far more offensive things tweeted by NBA players than anything Arenas said).
As you would expect, Arenas turned to twitter to vent his frustrations (compiled by the Sentinel).
“yesthe nba has fined me….for being to awesome..so i can give you the shoes for FREE but gotta charge you for the jokes… i cant believe i got fined..how do i explain this to the lady at the bank…this is gonna take another 40mins… or i could just write a check and if theres a lockout just cancel the check it and maybe they will forget…..i think that will work..”
You gotta love Gilbert Arenas… unless you’re the Magic and have that contract on your books.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6