Jun 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
The league would not specify which tweets from Arenas got the fine or how much it was for, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It could be any number of jokes to or about women (although frankly, there are far more offensive things tweeted by NBA players than anything Arenas said).
As you would expect, Arenas turned to twitter to vent his frustrations (compiled by the Sentinel).
“yesthe nba has fined me….for being to awesome..so i can give you the shoes for FREE but gotta charge you for the jokes… i cant believe i got fined..how do i explain this to the lady at the bank…this is gonna take another 40mins… or i could just write a check and if theres a lockout just cancel the check it and maybe they will forget…..i think that will work..”
You gotta love Gilbert Arenas… unless you’re the Magic and have that contract on your books.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 3
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 0
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 26
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 2
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 35
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 9