Jun 8, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
The league would not specify which tweets from Arenas got the fine or how much it was for, according to the Orlando Sentinel. It could be any number of jokes to or about women (although frankly, there are far more offensive things tweeted by NBA players than anything Arenas said).
As you would expect, Arenas turned to twitter to vent his frustrations (compiled by the Sentinel).
“yesthe nba has fined me….for being to awesome..so i can give you the shoes for FREE but gotta charge you for the jokes… i cant believe i got fined..how do i explain this to the lady at the bank…this is gonna take another 40mins… or i could just write a check and if theres a lockout just cancel the check it and maybe they will forget…..i think that will work..”
You gotta love Gilbert Arenas… unless you’re the Magic and have that contract on your books.
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 1
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 30
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 31
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay