Jun 8, 2011, 1:54 PM EST
We all chuckled. But after Game 4, Terry is the one laughing.
Terry finished with 17 points, 8 of those coming in the fourth quarter. He attacked the rim off the pick-and-roll. He drained both key late free throws. He wasn’t terribly efficient (6-of-15 shooting, 1-of-4 from three) but in a game where nobody could seem to put the ball in the basket he didn’t need to be.
“The aggression was there for me personally,” Terry said. “And I like that that I was on the attack, which I said I would be.”
Terry attacked LeBron. His first shot in the fourth quarter he got the ball on the wing, went away from the Tyson Chandler screen (before it was really even set) and drove at LeBron to the right, got by him and made the layup. Next trip down on the other side he again attacked off the screen but this time when the help rotated over he weaved into the lane and hit an 10-foot jumper. Those two baskets started the Mavs comeback.
“(LeBron’s) length obviously is going to bother me if I shoot it in his face, it’s going to be contested,” Terry said. “So percentages on those shots are going to go down. But if I can get in the paint and draw the defense and then make the pass or make the shot, then that’s going to be advantageous for us. That’s something I looked to do tonight.”
Terry’s play late was key to the Dallas win. He lived up to what he said and what was expected of him in Game 4.
In Game 5, when we expect to see a more aggressive LeBron, can he do it again? Dallas needs it to happen if they are going to get a ring.
- Jimmy Butler on Derrick Rose: “We want him to be 100 percent” for the playoffs 10
- Report: Free agent market for Jeff Green is as strong ‘if not stronger’ than it is for Rajon Rondo 16
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 49
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55