Jun 8, 2011, 1:54 PM EDT
We all chuckled. But after Game 4, Terry is the one laughing.
Terry finished with 17 points, 8 of those coming in the fourth quarter. He attacked the rim off the pick-and-roll. He drained both key late free throws. He wasn’t terribly efficient (6-of-15 shooting, 1-of-4 from three) but in a game where nobody could seem to put the ball in the basket he didn’t need to be.
“The aggression was there for me personally,” Terry said. “And I like that that I was on the attack, which I said I would be.”
Terry attacked LeBron. His first shot in the fourth quarter he got the ball on the wing, went away from the Tyson Chandler screen (before it was really even set) and drove at LeBron to the right, got by him and made the layup. Next trip down on the other side he again attacked off the screen but this time when the help rotated over he weaved into the lane and hit an 10-foot jumper. Those two baskets started the Mavs comeback.
“(LeBron’s) length obviously is going to bother me if I shoot it in his face, it’s going to be contested,” Terry said. “So percentages on those shots are going to go down. But if I can get in the paint and draw the defense and then make the pass or make the shot, then that’s going to be advantageous for us. That’s something I looked to do tonight.”
Terry’s play late was key to the Dallas win. He lived up to what he said and what was expected of him in Game 4.
In Game 5, when we expect to see a more aggressive LeBron, can he do it again? Dallas needs it to happen if they are going to get a ring.
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 2
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 18
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 30
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 2
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 49