Jun 7, 2011, 7:33 PM EDT
According to multiple sources, according our own Ira Winderman, the Miami Heat will not change their starting lineup for Game 4 of the NBA Finals, even if the Mavericks replace DeShawn Stevenson with J.J. Barea in their starting lineup.
As I mentioned earlier, this does change things up a bit for the Heat — as bad as Barea has been playing, he does put pressure on defenses, and Mario Chalmers was doing a nearly perfect job of defending him. Now Miami will have to risk Bibby guarding Barea and letting him get out of his slump, or have Dwyane Wade guard Barea and expend energy on both ends of the floor.
Still, with a 2-1 lead, Spoelstra’s reasons for standing pat are pretty easy to understand: if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it.
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 8
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 8
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 40
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 12
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 60
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 73