Jun 7, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
How unexpected was the exit of Donnie Walsh from the power structure of the Knicks?
The Knicks forward said Monday that he was getting treatment at the Knicks ‘ practice facility Friday when he heard that Walsh will be ending his tenure as team president.
“It was awkward,” Anthony said when asked how he felt. “I was up in Westchester and someone pulled me aside and told me. It caught a lot of people by surprise, because no one knew what was going on.”
It also reportedly caught Walsh himself off guard. It caught everybody but owner James Dolan off guard. (And maybe Isiah Thomas.)
Dolan had no obligation to tell Anthony or Amar’e Stoudemire his plans in advance, nor did he need to consult them. But, that’s what good organizations do — they at least give their star players a head’s up, so they don’t learn about it from some random guy at the practice facility, or on ESPN (or PBT!). You show that kind of respect to your stars. But respect has not been a buzzword with the Knicks in a long time.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Orlando Magic 2
- Hey John Wall/Dion Waiters, Stephen Curry says Warriors have best backcourt. And he’s right. 43
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Charlotte Hornets 6
- Kobe Bryant plans to play in all 8 preseason games for Lakers 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 9
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 15
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11