Jun 7, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
How unexpected was the exit of Donnie Walsh from the power structure of the Knicks?
The Knicks forward said Monday that he was getting treatment at the Knicks ‘ practice facility Friday when he heard that Walsh will be ending his tenure as team president.
“It was awkward,” Anthony said when asked how he felt. “I was up in Westchester and someone pulled me aside and told me. It caught a lot of people by surprise, because no one knew what was going on.”
It also reportedly caught Walsh himself off guard. It caught everybody but owner James Dolan off guard. (And maybe Isiah Thomas.)
Dolan had no obligation to tell Anthony or Amar’e Stoudemire his plans in advance, nor did he need to consult them. But, that’s what good organizations do — they at least give their star players a head’s up, so they don’t learn about it from some random guy at the practice facility, or on ESPN (or PBT!). You show that kind of respect to your stars. But respect has not been a buzzword with the Knicks in a long time.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 28
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 43
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4