Jun 7, 2011, 1:06 PM EDT
How unexpected was the exit of Donnie Walsh from the power structure of the Knicks?
The Knicks forward said Monday that he was getting treatment at the Knicks ‘ practice facility Friday when he heard that Walsh will be ending his tenure as team president.
“It was awkward,” Anthony said when asked how he felt. “I was up in Westchester and someone pulled me aside and told me. It caught a lot of people by surprise, because no one knew what was going on.”
It also reportedly caught Walsh himself off guard. It caught everybody but owner James Dolan off guard. (And maybe Isiah Thomas.)
Dolan had no obligation to tell Anthony or Amar’e Stoudemire his plans in advance, nor did he need to consult them. But, that’s what good organizations do — they at least give their star players a head’s up, so they don’t learn about it from some random guy at the practice facility, or on ESPN (or PBT!). You show that kind of respect to your stars. But respect has not been a buzzword with the Knicks in a long time.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16