Jun 6, 2011, 10:02 AM EST
If we just told you Ron Artest was going to have a reality show, you’d just nod. He’s the kind of offbeat personality that works for those shows.
Except, this isn’t “Khloe & Lamar Part II,” Artest’s new reality show that is in the works is not about him at all, according to TMZ.com.
Artest — who is no stranger to getting second chances — is helping mentor a group of parolees as part of a show called, “Last Second Shot.” Ron Ron will work with a team of mental health experts and life coaches to help the parolees take control of their lives.
We’re told the production company, 44 Blue Productions, hasn’t pitched the show to any networks yet … but they’re “very high on it.”
This is an extension of the work that won Artest the NBA’s citizenship award, his push to help take the stigma off of seeking mental health services. Artest has said this all stems from his work with a therapist, which he credits with helping turn his life around and helping to get him a championship.
44 Blue has had a lot of experience in reality and documentary television, having gotten a ton of stuff to air including current shows like “Family Court with Judge Penny” and “L.A. Gang Unit.” This sounds like it could be on your television pretty soon.
Mike Brown, welcome to coaching the Lakers. You thought you had distractions and guys with side projects in Cleveland, but it’s nothing like Los Angeles.
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 0
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 14
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 25
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 55
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (55)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)