Jun 6, 2011, 10:02 AM EDT
If we just told you Ron Artest was going to have a reality show, you’d just nod. He’s the kind of offbeat personality that works for those shows.
Except, this isn’t “Khloe & Lamar Part II,” Artest’s new reality show that is in the works is not about him at all, according to TMZ.com.
Artest — who is no stranger to getting second chances — is helping mentor a group of parolees as part of a show called, “Last Second Shot.” Ron Ron will work with a team of mental health experts and life coaches to help the parolees take control of their lives.
We’re told the production company, 44 Blue Productions, hasn’t pitched the show to any networks yet … but they’re “very high on it.”
This is an extension of the work that won Artest the NBA’s citizenship award, his push to help take the stigma off of seeking mental health services. Artest has said this all stems from his work with a therapist, which he credits with helping turn his life around and helping to get him a championship.
44 Blue has had a lot of experience in reality and documentary television, having gotten a ton of stuff to air including current shows like “Family Court with Judge Penny” and “L.A. Gang Unit.” This sounds like it could be on your television pretty soon.
Mike Brown, welcome to coaching the Lakers. You thought you had distractions and guys with side projects in Cleveland, but it’s nothing like Los Angeles.
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 3
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 5
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4