Jun 6, 2011, 7:49 PM EST
“They keep sticking [LeBron James] on Jet in the fourth quarters and he’s been doing a good job,” Nowitzki said. “Jet hasn’t really been a crunch-time, clutch player for us the way we need him to.”
Terry, who has gone a combined 0-7 from the floor in the fourth quarters of the Mavericks’ two losses, acknowledges James has done a good job on him late in games, but doesn’t think James’ defensive success on him will continue:
“They know to take me out of the fourth quarter, which they didn’t do in Game 2,” Terry said of the Heat’s choice to turn to James defensively, “then they got a good chance.”
Added Terry: “Let’s see if [James] can defend me like that for seven games.”
“I had two opportunities,” Terry said. “One in the corner for 3, LeBron closed out. The other one in the right corner, LeBron closed out again, didn’t get enough air under it.
“Hey, it happens. If I get those same shots in Game 4, I bet I make them.”
Terry was a key part of the Mavericks’ incredible Game 2 comeback, and taking him out of the Mavericks’ offense in the fourth quarter makes life much easier on the Heat. And while LeBron did do a good job guarding Derrick Rose in the fourth quarters of the Heat-Bulls series, Terry is a better shooter than Rose, so he will have his opportunities to score. Dallas’ ultimate success or failure in the Finals may come down to whether he converts them or not.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, leaves dent (VIDEO) 0
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 5
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 5
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29