Jun 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
LOS ANGELES — After meeting with new Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike Brown on consecutive days late last week to interview for an assistant coach position, Chuck Person is keeping his options open.
Person traveled to Houston on Sunday and will interview with the Rockets for a position on new head coach Kevin McHale’s staff on Monday, according to multiple sources.
Mike Brown got his big break as a defensive assistant in San Antonio, and is expected to bring on former Cavaliers assistant Mike Malone has his “defensive coordinator” in Los Angeles, so it may be a wise move for Person to keep his options open in this situation.
Person, who had a long NBA career after being a #4 overall pick and winning the Rookie of the Year award in 1987, has served as an assistant coach with the Cavaliers, Pacers, Kings, and Lakers since his retirement as a player.
- PBT Extra: Previewing Heat/Spurs NBA Finals Game 7 0
- Utah Jazz bring back Jerry Sloan as team consultant 3
- Celtics, Clippers restart Doc Rivers-Kevin Garnett trades talks at Chris Paul’s wish 9
- Chris Bosh to fans who left Game 6 early: ‘Don’t come back for Game 7′ 35
- Wade says left knee sore, swollen, but will play through it 16
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (125)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (85)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- Chris Bosh blocks Spurs’ Game 6 comeback attempt (video) (79)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'
- Play Video: Green breaks NBA finals 3-point record