Jun 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
LOS ANGELES — After meeting with new Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike Brown on consecutive days late last week to interview for an assistant coach position, Chuck Person is keeping his options open.
Person traveled to Houston on Sunday and will interview with the Rockets for a position on new head coach Kevin McHale’s staff on Monday, according to multiple sources.
Mike Brown got his big break as a defensive assistant in San Antonio, and is expected to bring on former Cavaliers assistant Mike Malone has his “defensive coordinator” in Los Angeles, so it may be a wise move for Person to keep his options open in this situation.
Person, who had a long NBA career after being a #4 overall pick and winning the Rookie of the Year award in 1987, has served as an assistant coach with the Cavaliers, Pacers, Kings, and Lakers since his retirement as a player.
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 8
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 6
- You knew this was coming: Carmelo Anthony denies report he has decided to leave Knicks 23
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 14
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)