Jun 6, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
LOS ANGELES — After meeting with new Los Angeles Lakers head coach Mike Brown on consecutive days late last week to interview for an assistant coach position, Chuck Person is keeping his options open.
Person traveled to Houston on Sunday and will interview with the Rockets for a position on new head coach Kevin McHale’s staff on Monday, according to multiple sources.
Mike Brown got his big break as a defensive assistant in San Antonio, and is expected to bring on former Cavaliers assistant Mike Malone has his “defensive coordinator” in Los Angeles, so it may be a wise move for Person to keep his options open in this situation.
Person, who had a long NBA career after being a #4 overall pick and winning the Rookie of the Year award in 1987, has served as an assistant coach with the Cavaliers, Pacers, Kings, and Lakers since his retirement as a player.
- Report: Suns, Eric Bledsoe have ‘made progress’ on a new contract in last couple of days 1
- Report: Michael Beasley reaches agreement with Memphis Grizzlies 5
- Report: NBA not actively investigating source of Luol Deng African comment 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Indiana Pacers 3
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 19
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 18
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16