Jun 6, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
According to ESPN.com’s Chad Ford, former Knicks general manager Donnie Walsh will still be “calling the shots” for the Knicks in the 2011 NBA draft.
While it’s a bit of an awkward situation, the Knicks seem to trust Walsh, whose replacement may come from within the organization, in this situation.
According to Ford, the Knicks, who hold the #17 pick in the 2011 draft, are focused on five players: Klay Thompson, Jimmer Fredette, Josh Selby, Marshon Brooks, and Kenneth Faried.
- PBT Extra: Can Phil Jackson help right the ship in New York? 6
- Phil Jackson reportedly close to taking Knicks job, nobody asked Carmelo about it 32
- PBT Power Rankings: Tell me again how the Spurs are too old…. 11
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 13
- Harden’s 17 fourth-quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 12