Jun 4, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
Kurt Rambis may have no idea what is going on with his job, but apparently other people do.
He may be staying on board for another year.
I’m told by a source that #Twolves will bring back #KurtRambis but force him to retool his staff
Not shocking, but in retooling his staff are they asking Rambis to change his offensive or defensive system? I’d like to tell you what David Kahn is thinking, but we’ve never been able to quite figure that out.
The Wolves played at the fastest pace in the league and ran elements of the triangle offense in their halfcourt sets, but they were 24th in the league in offensive efficiency last season. And 27th in defensive efficiency. So, they need to get a lot better on both sides of the ball.
But that is as much about talent as system. And when you throw in the Ricky Rubio experiment next season… it’s going to be interesting in Minnesota. If they don’t see a marked improvement, there could be a lot of changes in store in Minnesota, not just coach.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 0
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10