Jun 3, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Miami had a 15 point lead in this game because of their defense.
But after they went up 15 they took their foot off the gas when Dallas got focused. You can see it all on this play — Dirk Nowitzki‘s game winning shot.
The Heat have a foul to give (Nowitzki said he started his move early expecting the foul) but Chris Bosh never uses it. Udonis Haslem hesitates to come over and is too late when he does. LeBron James does not help off Jason Terry in the corner. And if you make those kind of mistakes against Dirk, you lose.
In the end, Nowitzki made a shot with his “bad” left hand.
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 1
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Kevin Love seems to be fitting in just fine suddenly 4
- It’s official: Dwight Howard will return to Rockets’ lineup Wednesday 2
- Dwyane Wade on MVP race: “I would say James Harden” 27
- Report: Rockets’ Patrick Beverley has torn ligament in wrist, to decide course in 7-10 days 2
- Derrick Rose expects to be cleared for contact soon, says he feels no pain in right knee 9
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: Warriors win Pacific Division, may win much more 20