Jun 3, 2011, 8:50 AM EST
Miami had a 15 point lead in this game because of their defense.
But after they went up 15 they took their foot off the gas when Dallas got focused. You can see it all on this play — Dirk Nowitzki‘s game winning shot.
The Heat have a foul to give (Nowitzki said he started his move early expecting the foul) but Chris Bosh never uses it. Udonis Haslem hesitates to come over and is too late when he does. LeBron James does not help off Jason Terry in the corner. And if you make those kind of mistakes against Dirk, you lose.
In the end, Nowitzki made a shot with his “bad” left hand.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 3
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 4
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 31
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 8
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)