Jun 3, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Miami had a 15 point lead in this game because of their defense.
But after they went up 15 they took their foot off the gas when Dallas got focused. You can see it all on this play — Dirk Nowitzki‘s game winning shot.
The Heat have a foul to give (Nowitzki said he started his move early expecting the foul) but Chris Bosh never uses it. Udonis Haslem hesitates to come over and is too late when he does. LeBron James does not help off Jason Terry in the corner. And if you make those kind of mistakes against Dirk, you lose.
In the end, Nowitzki made a shot with his “bad” left hand.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3