Jun 3, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Miami had a 15 point lead in this game because of their defense.
But after they went up 15 they took their foot off the gas when Dallas got focused. You can see it all on this play — Dirk Nowitzki‘s game winning shot.
The Heat have a foul to give (Nowitzki said he started his move early expecting the foul) but Chris Bosh never uses it. Udonis Haslem hesitates to come over and is too late when he does. LeBron James does not help off Jason Terry in the corner. And if you make those kind of mistakes against Dirk, you lose.
In the end, Nowitzki made a shot with his “bad” left hand.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18