Jun 3, 2011, 8:50 AM EDT
Miami had a 15 point lead in this game because of their defense.
But after they went up 15 they took their foot off the gas when Dallas got focused. You can see it all on this play — Dirk Nowitzki‘s game winning shot.
The Heat have a foul to give (Nowitzki said he started his move early expecting the foul) but Chris Bosh never uses it. Udonis Haslem hesitates to come over and is too late when he does. LeBron James does not help off Jason Terry in the corner. And if you make those kind of mistakes against Dirk, you lose.
In the end, Nowitzki made a shot with his “bad” left hand.
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 0
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 16
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 23
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69
- Phil Jackson to Knicks could work. It probably won’t, but it could. 32