Jun 3, 2011, 8:34 PM EDT
It doesn’t work like this. So don’t believe it.
“I have no desire to return as president of the Knicks,” said Thomas, now the head coach of Florida International University. “I’m not a candidate to replace Donnie. I like the job I have right now, and the toll that the (Knicks) job took on me, my wife, and my kids, I don’t want to go through that again.”
He will not be named as the president of the Knicks. Dolan could not handle the public relations storm. That is not how it works anyway.
Thomas will continue to have the ear of owner Dolan, and in many ways that is better than being GM. Isiah has outlasted Walsh. Thomas’ influence pushed the Carmelo Anthony trade through in the form that gave up most of the Knicks role players over Walsh, he’s already had power.
This is the Knicks under Dolan — what is official and reality are two different things. So no, officially Thomas will not have a role with the Knicks. But don’t you believe it.
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 16
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 16
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 17
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” 71
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (72)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay