Jun 2, 2011, 5:36 PM EST
The Minnesota Timberwolves have the #2 pick in the upcoming draft, and it’s not a state secret that they’re not overly thrilled about the pick. Arizona combo forward Derrick Williams is the consensus #2 pick in the draft, and Minnesota’s two best young players are Michael Beasley and Kevin Love, so there are a ton of rumors about Minnesota potentially looking to trade the pick.
According to Draft Express’ Jonathan Givony, the Suns and the Wizards have been “the most active teams” in trying to trade up for Williams. The teams hold the 13th and 6th picks in the upcoming draft, respectively. Minnesota is reportedly looking for a “veteran big man” in a potential trade of the #2 pick, which neither the Suns or Wizards can really offer, unless the Suns are willing to give up Robin Lopez (who isn’t even that much of a veteran), or David Kahn is a big Marcin Gortat fan.
Lots of teams seem to want Williams more than the Timberwolves do, but it takes a lot more than that to make a trade involving a #2 overall pick. We’ll see how this all shakes out.
- Derek Fisher questions ‘character and integrity’ of players after Knicks lose to Kings by 38 points 16
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Tuesday: The Hawks clinched playoff spot in front of Josh Smith 4
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 5
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11