Jun 2, 2011, 9:33 AM EST
Keith Bogans had minor knee surgery, but that’s really the least of his questions this offseason.
Bogans, the Bulls starting two guard for all 82 games, had arthroscopic surgery to clean out his knee, according to the Chicago Tribune. Nothing major, this was just the kind of thing that virtually every veteran NBA player has done, scar tissue and more builds up over time. He will be ready to go whenever the next season starts.
The bigger questions are where he’ll be playing and in what role.
The Bulls have until July 10 to decide if they are going to pick up the $1.7 million option on Bogans contract or it becomes non-guaranteed. At that price one would expect the Bulls to pick up his contract.
But the Bulls would prefer to have him in a backup role. He is solid and would make a fine backup, but as a starter he is not what the Bulls need at the two guard — they need an outside shooter who can create his own shot. At different points during the season they tried to get Rudy Fernandez, O.J. Mayo and several other players.
With the way the playoffs ended — the Miami Heat bottling up Derrick Rose and the Bulls having nobody else who could consistently create his own shot — look for them to step up efforts to get a two guard this summer
- Arena evacuated after apparent fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 7
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 8
- PBT Extra: Focusing on “epic showdown” between Knicks, Nets 5
- Carmelo Anthony: “We are the laughingstock of the league right now” 24
- Joe Johnson says players noticed friction between Jason Kidd and Lawrence Frank 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)