Jun 1, 2011, 8:10 AM EST
It was one fo the interesting questions coming into Game 1: Both the Heat and Mavericks had dominated late in games in the playoffs. That’s why both had advanced, both executed under pressure. So who would win the battle when they faced off.
LeBron James and Dywane Wade would. We should have guessed that.
The two of them made plays down the stretch — and combined on an ally-oop — to give the Heat their 92-84 win and a 1-0 lead in the series. Watch for yourself as they take over late.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 24
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)