Jun 1, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
It was one fo the interesting questions coming into Game 1: Both the Heat and Mavericks had dominated late in games in the playoffs. That’s why both had advanced, both executed under pressure. So who would win the battle when they faced off.
LeBron James and Dywane Wade would. We should have guessed that.
The two of them made plays down the stretch — and combined on an ally-oop — to give the Heat their 92-84 win and a 1-0 lead in the series. Watch for yourself as they take over late.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 5
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10