Jun 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Artest was leaving a Hollywood club last weekend when he came upon a man and a woman about to get into a fight, according to TMZ.com.
So Artest stepped in and broke it up. Because 6’7” 265 pound guys with minimal body fat can do that more easily than the rest of us. He did it without clotheslining anyone. TMZ has the video and spoke to everyone involved.
TMZ spoke with Artest who told us, “Unfortunately there was a situation at the club and some people had too much to drink, and got unruly and aggressive. I tried to diffuse the situation. Some people just don’t think clearly when they’ve had too much to drink — it’s an unfortunate reality. “
Somewhere in Indiana and Detroit they are calling this ironic, but the Lakers forward was sober and did the right thing. So good on him. Most people would have walked on by, he did something about it.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 14
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18