Jun 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EST
Artest was leaving a Hollywood club last weekend when he came upon a man and a woman about to get into a fight, according to TMZ.com.
So Artest stepped in and broke it up. Because 6’7” 265 pound guys with minimal body fat can do that more easily than the rest of us. He did it without clotheslining anyone. TMZ has the video and spoke to everyone involved.
TMZ spoke with Artest who told us, “Unfortunately there was a situation at the club and some people had too much to drink, and got unruly and aggressive. I tried to diffuse the situation. Some people just don’t think clearly when they’ve had too much to drink — it’s an unfortunate reality. “
Somewhere in Indiana and Detroit they are calling this ironic, but the Lakers forward was sober and did the right thing. So good on him. Most people would have walked on by, he did something about it.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 15
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 36
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 53
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28