Jun 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Artest was leaving a Hollywood club last weekend when he came upon a man and a woman about to get into a fight, according to TMZ.com.
So Artest stepped in and broke it up. Because 6’7” 265 pound guys with minimal body fat can do that more easily than the rest of us. He did it without clotheslining anyone. TMZ has the video and spoke to everyone involved.
TMZ spoke with Artest who told us, “Unfortunately there was a situation at the club and some people had too much to drink, and got unruly and aggressive. I tried to diffuse the situation. Some people just don’t think clearly when they’ve had too much to drink — it’s an unfortunate reality. “
Somewhere in Indiana and Detroit they are calling this ironic, but the Lakers forward was sober and did the right thing. So good on him. Most people would have walked on by, he did something about it.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 1
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 23
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 18
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19