Jun 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Artest was leaving a Hollywood club last weekend when he came upon a man and a woman about to get into a fight, according to TMZ.com.
So Artest stepped in and broke it up. Because 6’7” 265 pound guys with minimal body fat can do that more easily than the rest of us. He did it without clotheslining anyone. TMZ has the video and spoke to everyone involved.
TMZ spoke with Artest who told us, “Unfortunately there was a situation at the club and some people had too much to drink, and got unruly and aggressive. I tried to diffuse the situation. Some people just don’t think clearly when they’ve had too much to drink — it’s an unfortunate reality. “
Somewhere in Indiana and Detroit they are calling this ironic, but the Lakers forward was sober and did the right thing. So good on him. Most people would have walked on by, he did something about it.
- PBT Extra: Spurs lead Texas winners in NBA Free Agency 0
- J.J. Redick: Clippers deserve “F” for free agency after losing DeAndre Jordan 20
- PBT Podcast: Free agency’s winners and losers 0
- Report: Boston Celtics agree to trade for David Lee for Gerald Wallace 18
- Report: Kevin Garnett to re-sign with Timberwolves 17
- Report: Mo Williams signing with Cavaliers for most of their MLE 24
- Report: Cavaliers, Clippers discussing Jamal Crawford for Brendan Haywood trade 26
- Reports: David West agrees to veteran minimum deal to play for Spurs 80