Jun 1, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Artest was leaving a Hollywood club last weekend when he came upon a man and a woman about to get into a fight, according to TMZ.com.
So Artest stepped in and broke it up. Because 6’7” 265 pound guys with minimal body fat can do that more easily than the rest of us. He did it without clotheslining anyone. TMZ has the video and spoke to everyone involved.
TMZ spoke with Artest who told us, “Unfortunately there was a situation at the club and some people had too much to drink, and got unruly and aggressive. I tried to diffuse the situation. Some people just don’t think clearly when they’ve had too much to drink — it’s an unfortunate reality. “
Somewhere in Indiana and Detroit they are calling this ironic, but the Lakers forward was sober and did the right thing. So good on him. Most people would have walked on by, he did something about it.
- The Extra Pass: This season’s record number of threes is just the start 3
- Sunday NBA grades: Golden State’s Curry, Thompson put on a show 4
- Heat execute in final minutes, Rockets still learning, fall in Miami 20
- Doc Rivers, Clippers players oppose raising NBA’s age limit 25
- Report: LeBron ‘will look at’ Knicks in free agency now that Phil Jackson is in place 69