Jun 1, 2011, 6:13 PM EST
The Rockets officially announced on Wednesday that former Boston Celtics superstar and Minnesota Timberwolves coach and GM Kevin McHale will replace Rick Adelman as the coach of the Houston Rockets.
McHale was a seven-time All-Star, two-time Sixth Man of the Year, and three-time champion as a player for the Boston Celtics, and is generally considered to be one of the top low-post scorers of all time. He hasn’t been nearly as successful as a coach or general manager, with a 39-55 record as the head coach of the Timberwolves, but the Rockets clearly believe in McHale and feel he is the right choice for their franchise going forward. McHale will be introduced at a news conference on Friday.
- Nuggets need to decide direction, then hire coach 18
- Report: Russell Westbrook ‘likely’ to return to Thunder lineup Wednesday, will wear protective mask 13
- Nuggets have fired head coach Brian Shaw 29
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: Goran Dragic got his revenge in concentrated form 4
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 23
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 11
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11