Jun 1, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
The Rockets officially announced on Wednesday that former Boston Celtics superstar and Minnesota Timberwolves coach and GM Kevin McHale will replace Rick Adelman as the coach of the Houston Rockets.
McHale was a seven-time All-Star, two-time Sixth Man of the Year, and three-time champion as a player for the Boston Celtics, and is generally considered to be one of the top low-post scorers of all time. He hasn’t been nearly as successful as a coach or general manager, with a 39-55 record as the head coach of the Timberwolves, but the Rockets clearly believe in McHale and feel he is the right choice for their franchise going forward. McHale will be introduced at a news conference on Friday.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 5
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 12
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 13
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 10
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 61