Jun 1, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
The Rockets officially announced on Wednesday that former Boston Celtics superstar and Minnesota Timberwolves coach and GM Kevin McHale will replace Rick Adelman as the coach of the Houston Rockets.
McHale was a seven-time All-Star, two-time Sixth Man of the Year, and three-time champion as a player for the Boston Celtics, and is generally considered to be one of the top low-post scorers of all time. He hasn’t been nearly as successful as a coach or general manager, with a 39-55 record as the head coach of the Timberwolves, but the Rockets clearly believe in McHale and feel he is the right choice for their franchise going forward. McHale will be introduced at a news conference on Friday.
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 5
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 47
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 29
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 29
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3