Jun 1, 2011, 6:13 PM EDT
The Rockets officially announced on Wednesday that former Boston Celtics superstar and Minnesota Timberwolves coach and GM Kevin McHale will replace Rick Adelman as the coach of the Houston Rockets.
McHale was a seven-time All-Star, two-time Sixth Man of the Year, and three-time champion as a player for the Boston Celtics, and is generally considered to be one of the top low-post scorers of all time. He hasn’t been nearly as successful as a coach or general manager, with a 39-55 record as the head coach of the Timberwolves, but the Rockets clearly believe in McHale and feel he is the right choice for their franchise going forward. McHale will be introduced at a news conference on Friday.
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 26
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 30
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 6
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17
- Clippers trade Jared Dudley and first rounder to Bucks for Carlos Delfino and Miroslav Raduljica 23