Jun 1, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
As we said before, outside of failing his physical or showing up to his team interview with Cleveland wearing an “I love the Taliban” T-shirt, Kyrie Irving is going to be selected No. 1 overall by the Cavaliers come June 23.
So why work out for anyone else?
He may not, his agent implied to the Ohio Morning Journal.
Irving, 19, might work out only for the Cavaliers. Don’t expect him to work out with any other players.
“For my safety, I’m not going to work out with anyone else,” he said at the NBA draft combine in Chicago on May 20.
Irving has had a good attitude about this, not saying he was LeBron or trying to promise to be a savior. He’ll probably say all the right things when the Cavs draft him. And they will, which is why it doesn’t matter if he works out anywhere else.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 8
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16