Jun 1, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
As we said before, outside of failing his physical or showing up to his team interview with Cleveland wearing an “I love the Taliban” T-shirt, Kyrie Irving is going to be selected No. 1 overall by the Cavaliers come June 23.
So why work out for anyone else?
He may not, his agent implied to the Ohio Morning Journal.
Irving, 19, might work out only for the Cavaliers. Don’t expect him to work out with any other players.
“For my safety, I’m not going to work out with anyone else,” he said at the NBA draft combine in Chicago on May 20.
Irving has had a good attitude about this, not saying he was LeBron or trying to promise to be a savior. He’ll probably say all the right things when the Cavs draft him. And they will, which is why it doesn’t matter if he works out anywhere else.
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 0
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 11
- Report: Stan Van Gundy tells Josh Smith, barring unexpected trade, forward will start season with Pistons 7
- Mike Krzyzewski would trade Andrew Wiggins for Kevin Love with “not one second of hesitancy” 66
- Mario Chalmers: “I never thought anybody would want to leave Miami for Cleveland” 65
- Las Vegas Summer League review: How did Andrew Wiggins, other lottery picks fare? 14
- Report: Knicks open to trading Iman Shumpert or J.R. Smith 29
- Top seven free agents still on the market 49