Jun 1, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
As we said before, outside of failing his physical or showing up to his team interview with Cleveland wearing an “I love the Taliban” T-shirt, Kyrie Irving is going to be selected No. 1 overall by the Cavaliers come June 23.
So why work out for anyone else?
He may not, his agent implied to the Ohio Morning Journal.
Irving, 19, might work out only for the Cavaliers. Don’t expect him to work out with any other players.
“For my safety, I’m not going to work out with anyone else,” he said at the NBA draft combine in Chicago on May 20.
Irving has had a good attitude about this, not saying he was LeBron or trying to promise to be a savior. He’ll probably say all the right things when the Cavs draft him. And they will, which is why it doesn’t matter if he works out anywhere else.
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 0
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 4
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 17
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard not going to Clippers… did we need a report for that? 18
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay