Jun 1, 2011, 3:31 PM EDT
As we said before, outside of failing his physical or showing up to his team interview with Cleveland wearing an “I love the Taliban” T-shirt, Kyrie Irving is going to be selected No. 1 overall by the Cavaliers come June 23.
So why work out for anyone else?
He may not, his agent implied to the Ohio Morning Journal.
Irving, 19, might work out only for the Cavaliers. Don’t expect him to work out with any other players.
“For my safety, I’m not going to work out with anyone else,” he said at the NBA draft combine in Chicago on May 20.
Irving has had a good attitude about this, not saying he was LeBron or trying to promise to be a savior. He’ll probably say all the right things when the Cavs draft him. And they will, which is why it doesn’t matter if he works out anywhere else.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 1
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 12
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 14
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 14
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 12
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46