Jun 1, 2011, 2:40 AM EDT
They say it’s not that bad, but any time a key cog for a team leaves the arena wearing a sling you have to wonder.
Mike Miller aggravated a left shoulder or arm injury late in the Game 1 Miami win and left the arena wearing a sling, according to multiple reports. He first tweaked it in the Chicago series then re-injured it with about four minutes left in Game 1 when he used his arm to hold off Tyson Chandler to get a rebound (a very good play, by the way). He left the game and did not return.
Erik Spoelstra played it down in his press conference, almost blowing the question off and saying that Miller had no real problem. Miller himself said he was fine, according to a tweet from ESPN reporter Ric Bucher.
If it were actually nothing, he would not have been wearing a sling. This is something to watch.
Miller does a great job spacing the floor for Miami — he was 2-of-4 from three for six points in the game. But the Heat can get long-range shooting from James Jones at the same position. What Miller does much better is defend and rebound. The Heat would be a lesser team without Miller.
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 55
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 58
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 19