Jun 1, 2011, 2:40 AM EDT
They say it’s not that bad, but any time a key cog for a team leaves the arena wearing a sling you have to wonder.
Mike Miller aggravated a left shoulder or arm injury late in the Game 1 Miami win and left the arena wearing a sling, according to multiple reports. He first tweaked it in the Chicago series then re-injured it with about four minutes left in Game 1 when he used his arm to hold off Tyson Chandler to get a rebound (a very good play, by the way). He left the game and did not return.
Erik Spoelstra played it down in his press conference, almost blowing the question off and saying that Miller had no real problem. Miller himself said he was fine, according to a tweet from ESPN reporter Ric Bucher.
If it were actually nothing, he would not have been wearing a sling. This is something to watch.
Miller does a great job spacing the floor for Miami — he was 2-of-4 from three for six points in the game. But the Heat can get long-range shooting from James Jones at the same position. What Miller does much better is defend and rebound. The Heat would be a lesser team without Miller.
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 5
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37