Jun 1, 2011, 2:40 AM EDT
They say it’s not that bad, but any time a key cog for a team leaves the arena wearing a sling you have to wonder.
Mike Miller aggravated a left shoulder or arm injury late in the Game 1 Miami win and left the arena wearing a sling, according to multiple reports. He first tweaked it in the Chicago series then re-injured it with about four minutes left in Game 1 when he used his arm to hold off Tyson Chandler to get a rebound (a very good play, by the way). He left the game and did not return.
Erik Spoelstra played it down in his press conference, almost blowing the question off and saying that Miller had no real problem. Miller himself said he was fine, according to a tweet from ESPN reporter Ric Bucher.
If it were actually nothing, he would not have been wearing a sling. This is something to watch.
Miller does a great job spacing the floor for Miami — he was 2-of-4 from three for six points in the game. But the Heat can get long-range shooting from James Jones at the same position. What Miller does much better is defend and rebound. The Heat would be a lesser team without Miller.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 6
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10