Jun 1, 2011, 2:40 AM EST
They say it’s not that bad, but any time a key cog for a team leaves the arena wearing a sling you have to wonder.
Mike Miller aggravated a left shoulder or arm injury late in the Game 1 Miami win and left the arena wearing a sling, according to multiple reports. He first tweaked it in the Chicago series then re-injured it with about four minutes left in Game 1 when he used his arm to hold off Tyson Chandler to get a rebound (a very good play, by the way). He left the game and did not return.
Erik Spoelstra played it down in his press conference, almost blowing the question off and saying that Miller had no real problem. Miller himself said he was fine, according to a tweet from ESPN reporter Ric Bucher.
If it were actually nothing, he would not have been wearing a sling. This is something to watch.
Miller does a great job spacing the floor for Miami — he was 2-of-4 from three for six points in the game. But the Heat can get long-range shooting from James Jones at the same position. What Miller does much better is defend and rebound. The Heat would be a lesser team without Miller.
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 5
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 13
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 31
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10