Jun 1, 2011, 2:05 AM EDT
To add to the problems, Nowitzki tore a tendon in his left index finger on the play.
This is his non-shooting hand and he will wear a splint on it, he said. An X-ray came back negative.
Nowitzki didn’t sound too concerned after the game, as reported by Royce Young at CBSSports Eye On Basketball.
“Well it was just a freaky play, “Nowitzki said. “Bosh got a bounce pass and I stepped in. I thought I stripped him clean and then I kind of looked down and I couldn’t straighten my finger out anymore.
“I guess it will be all right. I have to wear a split probably for the rest of the playoffs, for a couple of weeks. But it will be all right. It’s on my left hand, so I’ll be all right for Thursday.”
We’ll have to see if this impacts his ball handling, passing and other parts of his game. And while this is his non-shooting hand, it may well impact his shot also (or at least force him to adjust). Dallas cannot have him be just average this series, so any finger injury is of concern.
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 8
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 43
- Report: Cavaliers trying to acquire other players to put in Kevin Love trade 54
- Report: Bulls making push to trade for Kevin Love 70
- Seven standout players from Las Vegas Summer League 10
- Maverick Carter: LeBron James and Dwyane Wade still speak nearly daily 37
- Red hot Ray McCallum leads Sacramento Kings to Summer League title with 77-68 win against Houston 3
- Lakers great Michael Cooper diagnosed with cancer 16