May 31, 2011, 4:01 PM EST
LeBron James is a big Ohio State fan, he’s been on the sidelines during Buckeye football games. He knows Jim Tressel.
That would be the Jim Tressel who resigned Monday amid a heap of allegations of cars, memorabilia-for-tattoos and a bunch of other problems that will mean trouble for a program that had been at the top of the college football pecking order for the last year.
So, of course, James was asked about it. Here is what he said, courtesy Matt Moore at CBSSports Eye on Basketball.
“He’s done some great things for that university. It’s unfortunate all the allegations and things that have come out in the past year,” James said. “Everyone in Columbus and Ohio knows how important, how great he was for the team and university….
“I wish him the best, and the organization. Hopefully the university will come back. It’s one of the best universities we have in America.”
Like a lot of Ohio State fans, LeBron could be seeing some rocky times ahead for his football team.
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3
- Reports: Kings at Knicks, Trail Blazers at Nets games Monday postponed due to coming storm 11