May 31, 2011, 4:01 PM EDT
LeBron James is a big Ohio State fan, he’s been on the sidelines during Buckeye football games. He knows Jim Tressel.
That would be the Jim Tressel who resigned Monday amid a heap of allegations of cars, memorabilia-for-tattoos and a bunch of other problems that will mean trouble for a program that had been at the top of the college football pecking order for the last year.
So, of course, James was asked about it. Here is what he said, courtesy Matt Moore at CBSSports Eye on Basketball.
“He’s done some great things for that university. It’s unfortunate all the allegations and things that have come out in the past year,” James said. “Everyone in Columbus and Ohio knows how important, how great he was for the team and university….
“I wish him the best, and the organization. Hopefully the university will come back. It’s one of the best universities we have in America.”
Like a lot of Ohio State fans, LeBron could be seeing some rocky times ahead for his football team.
- Kobe tells Lakers’ fans to “flush” last season, has been cleared to run, shoot, prepare for next season 10
- Duke’s Jabari Parker says he will enter NBA Draft 19
- Report: Rick Adelman will not return as Timberwolves coach 11
- Kyrie Irving would be ‘excited’ if Cavaliers offer max contract extension 11
- 2014 PBT Awards: Defensive Player of the Year 19