May 31, 2011, 4:01 PM EST
LeBron James is a big Ohio State fan, he’s been on the sidelines during Buckeye football games. He knows Jim Tressel.
That would be the Jim Tressel who resigned Monday amid a heap of allegations of cars, memorabilia-for-tattoos and a bunch of other problems that will mean trouble for a program that had been at the top of the college football pecking order for the last year.
So, of course, James was asked about it. Here is what he said, courtesy Matt Moore at CBSSports Eye on Basketball.
“He’s done some great things for that university. It’s unfortunate all the allegations and things that have come out in the past year,” James said. “Everyone in Columbus and Ohio knows how important, how great he was for the team and university….
“I wish him the best, and the organization. Hopefully the university will come back. It’s one of the best universities we have in America.”
Like a lot of Ohio State fans, LeBron could be seeing some rocky times ahead for his football team.
- League suspends James Harden one game for kick to LeBron James’ groin 17
- PBT’s weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks seem to be out of malaise. Maybe. 8
- Report: Jimmy Butler could miss three to four weeks with elbow injury 5
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 11
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 36
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 18
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6