May 30, 2011, 8:45 PM EST
Ever since “The Decision,” the Miami Heat have been a lightning rod for controversy, and every PR misstep the Heat have made has been turned into a full-blown news item. Some of the controversies were legitimate, and some of them were just silly, but they were all a part of the NBA season.
The Palm Beach Post’s Ethan J. Skolnick recently provided a glossary of the Heat’s controversies, with explanations attached. For the full explanations, you’ll have to click through, but here’s the quick list, in alphabetical order:
– “R” Word-Gate
Great work by Ethan, and I encourage everyone to click through to get a recap of one of the most ridiculous seasons in recent memory.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 4
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 9
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 44
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12