May 30, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Ever since “The Decision,” the Miami Heat have been a lightning rod for controversy, and every PR misstep the Heat have made has been turned into a full-blown news item. Some of the controversies were legitimate, and some of them were just silly, but they were all a part of the NBA season.
The Palm Beach Post’s Ethan J. Skolnick recently provided a glossary of the Heat’s controversies, with explanations attached. For the full explanations, you’ll have to click through, but here’s the quick list, in alphabetical order:
– “R” Word-Gate
Great work by Ethan, and I encourage everyone to click through to get a recap of one of the most ridiculous seasons in recent memory.
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 0
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 8
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 10
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 5
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 47
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7