May 30, 2011, 8:45 PM EDT
Ever since “The Decision,” the Miami Heat have been a lightning rod for controversy, and every PR misstep the Heat have made has been turned into a full-blown news item. Some of the controversies were legitimate, and some of them were just silly, but they were all a part of the NBA season.
The Palm Beach Post’s Ethan J. Skolnick recently provided a glossary of the Heat’s controversies, with explanations attached. For the full explanations, you’ll have to click through, but here’s the quick list, in alphabetical order:
– “R” Word-Gate
Great work by Ethan, and I encourage everyone to click through to get a recap of one of the most ridiculous seasons in recent memory.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31