May 30, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
NBA players — and entire franchises — can be very superstitious. Very.
But not the Dallas Mavericks.
After what happened last time they played Miami in the NBA finals — winning the first two games then dropping the next four when Dwyane Wade took over — the Mavericks would change things up.
But no, they are staying in the exact same hotel, according to the Dallas Morning News.
“None of that matters,” Dirk Nowitzki said. “Wherever we stay is where we stay.”
Actually, back in 2006 then Mavs coach Avery Johnson did move the team out of the hotel in an attempt to shake things up, get them away from family and friends. Didn’t matter.
This time around, team family and friends are staying at another hotel. This is a business trip for the veteran Mavs. They have some redemption to take care of.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50