May 30, 2011, 1:20 PM EDT
NBA players — and entire franchises — can be very superstitious. Very.
But not the Dallas Mavericks.
After what happened last time they played Miami in the NBA finals — winning the first two games then dropping the next four when Dwyane Wade took over — the Mavericks would change things up.
But no, they are staying in the exact same hotel, according to the Dallas Morning News.
“None of that matters,” Dirk Nowitzki said. “Wherever we stay is where we stay.”
Actually, back in 2006 then Mavs coach Avery Johnson did move the team out of the hotel in an attempt to shake things up, get them away from family and friends. Didn’t matter.
This time around, team family and friends are staying at another hotel. This is a business trip for the veteran Mavs. They have some redemption to take care of.
- LeBron James in his own words on why he chose Cleveland 28
- LeBron James going home, to sign with Cleveland Cavaliers 182
- Report: After cross-country plane flight with him, Dwyane Wade doesn’t know what LeBron James will do 27
- Report: LeBron James still upset by Dan Gilbert’s infamous letter 93
- While waiting on Plan A to make up his mind, Lakers mulling Plan B options 23
- Report: Heat and Cavaliers expect decision before LeBron James leaves for Sunday’s World Cup final 59
- Reports: Carmelo Anthony unsure on Knicks, can’t get the Bulls out of his head 54
- Phil Jackson says he has not heard from Carmelo, has tried to recruit Gasol 36