May 30, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Larry Hughes has a passion for organ donors and organ transplants. His younger brother Justin got to live nine years longer thanks to one and the Larry Hughes Foundation works to promote organ donation and works with the families of recipients and donors.
And, the foundation gives away gas.
At least it did Sunday, according to KDSK television out of St. Louis (they have some video). The Hughes Foundation gave away gas to the first 150 people to pull up at a couple of different gas stations in the area during the day. All to promote awareness and maybe raise a little money.
There are some Knicks fans thinking that for all the free paychecks he collected from them it’s good to see him giving something back. Funny. But that’s a bit too cynical for us. It’s a great cause and if this helped raise some awareness and helped out one family through a donation, it was worth it. You really should be signed up to be an organ donor.
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 1
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 32
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 34
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20
- Thunder trade Hasheem Thabeet to 76ers 37
- From late-arriving to a LeBron James favorite, Kevin Love comes full circle 17