May 30, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Larry Hughes has a passion for organ donors and organ transplants. His younger brother Justin got to live nine years longer thanks to one and the Larry Hughes Foundation works to promote organ donation and works with the families of recipients and donors.
And, the foundation gives away gas.
At least it did Sunday, according to KDSK television out of St. Louis (they have some video). The Hughes Foundation gave away gas to the first 150 people to pull up at a couple of different gas stations in the area during the day. All to promote awareness and maybe raise a little money.
There are some Knicks fans thinking that for all the free paychecks he collected from them it’s good to see him giving something back. Funny. But that’s a bit too cynical for us. It’s a great cause and if this helped raise some awareness and helped out one family through a donation, it was worth it. You really should be signed up to be an organ donor.
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49