May 30, 2011, 3:47 PM EST
Larry Hughes has a passion for organ donors and organ transplants. His younger brother Justin got to live nine years longer thanks to one and the Larry Hughes Foundation works to promote organ donation and works with the families of recipients and donors.
And, the foundation gives away gas.
At least it did Sunday, according to KDSK television out of St. Louis (they have some video). The Hughes Foundation gave away gas to the first 150 people to pull up at a couple of different gas stations in the area during the day. All to promote awareness and maybe raise a little money.
There are some Knicks fans thinking that for all the free paychecks he collected from them it’s good to see him giving something back. Funny. But that’s a bit too cynical for us. It’s a great cause and if this helped raise some awareness and helped out one family through a donation, it was worth it. You really should be signed up to be an organ donor.
- Wesley Matthews’ injury will test Trail Blazers’ spacing 3
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: Nobody can stop E’Twaun Moore; Westbrook’s pretty good, too 10
- Training like the Pros: Recapping a month-long Nike Basketball workout experience 4
- Report: JaVale McGee can’t reach deal with Celtics 11
- Craig Sager makes long-awaited return to TNT after 11-month battle with leukemia 7
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: Masked Russell Westbrook just needs a cape 20
- George Karl: Knicks could use a strong point guard next to Carmelo Anthony 14
- Ray Allen announces he will not play this season 14