May 30, 2011, 3:47 PM EST
Larry Hughes has a passion for organ donors and organ transplants. His younger brother Justin got to live nine years longer thanks to one and the Larry Hughes Foundation works to promote organ donation and works with the families of recipients and donors.
And, the foundation gives away gas.
At least it did Sunday, according to KDSK television out of St. Louis (they have some video). The Hughes Foundation gave away gas to the first 150 people to pull up at a couple of different gas stations in the area during the day. All to promote awareness and maybe raise a little money.
There are some Knicks fans thinking that for all the free paychecks he collected from them it’s good to see him giving something back. Funny. But that’s a bit too cynical for us. It’s a great cause and if this helped raise some awareness and helped out one family through a donation, it was worth it. You really should be signed up to be an organ donor.
- Report: Rockets look to trade Asik next week, Varejao in play 0
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 0
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 8
- The Extra Pass: Deron Williams is the difference for Nets; plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- Thursday night NBA grades: Any more questions for LaMarcus Aldridge? Didn’t think so. 5
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)