May 30, 2011, 3:47 PM EDT
Larry Hughes has a passion for organ donors and organ transplants. His younger brother Justin got to live nine years longer thanks to one and the Larry Hughes Foundation works to promote organ donation and works with the families of recipients and donors.
And, the foundation gives away gas.
At least it did Sunday, according to KDSK television out of St. Louis (they have some video). The Hughes Foundation gave away gas to the first 150 people to pull up at a couple of different gas stations in the area during the day. All to promote awareness and maybe raise a little money.
There are some Knicks fans thinking that for all the free paychecks he collected from them it’s good to see him giving something back. Funny. But that’s a bit too cynical for us. It’s a great cause and if this helped raise some awareness and helped out one family through a donation, it was worth it. You really should be signed up to be an organ donor.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 12
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 41
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31