May 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EST
TMZ reports that volatile Nuggets guard J.R. Smith was cited for operating a scooter without a license.
J.R. Smith is not going to gain any street cred from this arrest — he was popped in Miami this weekend for operating a scooter without a valid driver’s license.
Smith has had yet another up and down year. First he was rumored to be on the trading block, which ended when the Nuggets cleaned managerial house. Then Carmelo Anthony was traded, putting Smith in a bigger role. Then he had another inconsistent and explosive postseason, and complained about both his teammates and the officials. Now he’s busted for a scooter.
This is nothing huge, nor out of the ordinary for Smith. And all things considered, given his history, it’s hard to shake a finger at a guy over driving a scooter. But for the Bulls fans out there clamoring for an 2-guard in Smith’s mold, be aware, he comes with this kind of regularly accumulating baggage.
- PBT’s Wednesday NBA Winners/Losers: Ettore Messina making history for Spurs 1
- LeBron James, Cavaliers have kind of game they need to replicate blowing out Wizards 5
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 11
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13