May 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
TMZ reports that volatile Nuggets guard J.R. Smith was cited for operating a scooter without a license.
J.R. Smith is not going to gain any street cred from this arrest — he was popped in Miami this weekend for operating a scooter without a valid driver’s license.
Smith has had yet another up and down year. First he was rumored to be on the trading block, which ended when the Nuggets cleaned managerial house. Then Carmelo Anthony was traded, putting Smith in a bigger role. Then he had another inconsistent and explosive postseason, and complained about both his teammates and the officials. Now he’s busted for a scooter.
This is nothing huge, nor out of the ordinary for Smith. And all things considered, given his history, it’s hard to shake a finger at a guy over driving a scooter. But for the Bulls fans out there clamoring for an 2-guard in Smith’s mold, be aware, he comes with this kind of regularly accumulating baggage.
- Report: Detroit Pistons sign restricted free agent Reggie Jackson for five-years, $80 million 28
- Report: Lakers near deal to sign Brandon Bass, may trade Nick Young 26
- Spurs reset franchise for post Tim Duncan life in one impressive week 19
- Report: Lakers, Pacers reach deal to trade Roy Hibbert to LA 56
- LaMarcus Aldridge has chosen to sign with Spurs 85
- Who should Clippers get to replace DeAndre Jordan? How about Blake Griffin. 43
- Report: Tobias Harris reaches four-year, $64 million extension to stay with Orlando 25
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 48