May 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
TMZ reports that volatile Nuggets guard J.R. Smith was cited for operating a scooter without a license.
J.R. Smith is not going to gain any street cred from this arrest — he was popped in Miami this weekend for operating a scooter without a valid driver’s license.
Smith has had yet another up and down year. First he was rumored to be on the trading block, which ended when the Nuggets cleaned managerial house. Then Carmelo Anthony was traded, putting Smith in a bigger role. Then he had another inconsistent and explosive postseason, and complained about both his teammates and the officials. Now he’s busted for a scooter.
This is nothing huge, nor out of the ordinary for Smith. And all things considered, given his history, it’s hard to shake a finger at a guy over driving a scooter. But for the Bulls fans out there clamoring for an 2-guard in Smith’s mold, be aware, he comes with this kind of regularly accumulating baggage.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21