May 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
TMZ reports that volatile Nuggets guard J.R. Smith was cited for operating a scooter without a license.
J.R. Smith is not going to gain any street cred from this arrest — he was popped in Miami this weekend for operating a scooter without a valid driver’s license.
Smith has had yet another up and down year. First he was rumored to be on the trading block, which ended when the Nuggets cleaned managerial house. Then Carmelo Anthony was traded, putting Smith in a bigger role. Then he had another inconsistent and explosive postseason, and complained about both his teammates and the officials. Now he’s busted for a scooter.
This is nothing huge, nor out of the ordinary for Smith. And all things considered, given his history, it’s hard to shake a finger at a guy over driving a scooter. But for the Bulls fans out there clamoring for an 2-guard in Smith’s mold, be aware, he comes with this kind of regularly accumulating baggage.
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 2
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 8
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 8
- Reports: Stephen Curry to be named MVP Monday 37
- Hawks start hot, finish cold, Wizards take Game 1 on road 104-98. 8
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Preview: Washington Wizards vs. Atlanta Hawks 4
- Adjusting for playoff rotations round two: Watch out for the Wizards 2
- Hobbled Chris Paul, Clippers’ role players do just enough to dethrone Spurs in Game 7 20