May 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
TMZ reports that volatile Nuggets guard J.R. Smith was cited for operating a scooter without a license.
J.R. Smith is not going to gain any street cred from this arrest — he was popped in Miami this weekend for operating a scooter without a valid driver’s license.
Smith has had yet another up and down year. First he was rumored to be on the trading block, which ended when the Nuggets cleaned managerial house. Then Carmelo Anthony was traded, putting Smith in a bigger role. Then he had another inconsistent and explosive postseason, and complained about both his teammates and the officials. Now he’s busted for a scooter.
This is nothing huge, nor out of the ordinary for Smith. And all things considered, given his history, it’s hard to shake a finger at a guy over driving a scooter. But for the Bulls fans out there clamoring for an 2-guard in Smith’s mold, be aware, he comes with this kind of regularly accumulating baggage.
- Nets defense smothers Raptors, gets Brooklyn Game 1 win on road 0
- PBT Extra: Are Pacers or Spurs in any trouble in first round? 5
- All PBT’s first round playoff previews in one place 0
- Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 27
- Craig Sager has acute leukemia 28