May 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
First off, does anyone still say sneakers? “Shoes” is too generic, “kicks” makes it sound like I’m trying to bring the 2000’s back into prominence (watch me as I blast Hoobastank’s second album), sneaks is just obnoxious, j’s makes me think of jumpers, and Jordans is assuming that Jason Kidd wears Nike, which he does not, he wears Peak, because the Chinese have lots and lots and lots of money.
Look at that, started off way off track. Anyway, ESPN Dallas sat down with Kidd on Saturday and got the future Hall of Famer (we assume) and his thoughts on his career, the Finals, the whole muckety-muck. And naturally, they asked Kidd about when he was going to hang it up, since he once crossed over Moses before the plague of frogs.
“I would love to continue to keep playing if I feel the way I do now,” Kidd said. “I feel great.”
“I know I’m not going to be playing 35 minutes a night, so I still have a lot to give back to the game and hopefully a younger point guard I can help develop and share my notes with him and make him a better player,” Kidd said. “So, I still have a lot left to give to the game.”
Kidd’s been phenomenal in very quiet, hard-to-see ways this season. His ability to make any pass imaginable, not just the ones in transition, but the smart, looping cross-court ones that create open 3-pointers for Dirk, Terry, Peja Stojakovic, and others, is a huge part of the Mavs’ success. His defensive ability to cover multiple positions, even from a size disadvantage, has helped cover for the loss of Caron Butler, and he’s even shot the ball well.
Kidd continues to get better with age. No wonder he has no intentions of hanging up the… retiring.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23