May 28, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The odds are out on the Finals, courtesy of Bodog.eu, and they’re pretty much what you’d expect. The Heat are a slight favorite, and LeBron James is the favorite to win Finals MVP at 5-to-4 odds, just nudging Dirk Nowitzki at 2-to-1. The over/under on techs is 5.5, which is a really interesting bet, but here’s another one that I found particularly intriguing.
The over/under for LeBron James’ average points in this series is 26.5, with his rebounding average over/under 7.5 and his assists average 6.5.
Those are some pretty ridiculous numbers for the Finals. But get this, since 2006, James has performed at that exact level or better in the playoffs (not averaged, performed at) over three games twice and over two games twice. He’s the only player in the last five years to do so in the playoffs. James has averaged those numbers twice before, and, naturally, is averaging them in these playoffs.
Would you bet on James?
Bigger question, maybe, is would you bet against Dirk?
- Paul George tweets: “I’ll be ok and be back better than ever” 0
- Paul George leaves USA Basketball Showcase with severe lower leg injury, remainder of scrimmage canceled 74
- Rumor: Corey Brewer to Cleveland now part of Kevin Love trade talk 24
- Tony Parker signs (another) contract extension with Spurs 10
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 23
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 18
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49