May 28, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The odds are out on the Finals, courtesy of Bodog.eu, and they’re pretty much what you’d expect. The Heat are a slight favorite, and LeBron James is the favorite to win Finals MVP at 5-to-4 odds, just nudging Dirk Nowitzki at 2-to-1. The over/under on techs is 5.5, which is a really interesting bet, but here’s another one that I found particularly intriguing.
The over/under for LeBron James’ average points in this series is 26.5, with his rebounding average over/under 7.5 and his assists average 6.5.
Those are some pretty ridiculous numbers for the Finals. But get this, since 2006, James has performed at that exact level or better in the playoffs (not averaged, performed at) over three games twice and over two games twice. He’s the only player in the last five years to do so in the playoffs. James has averaged those numbers twice before, and, naturally, is averaging them in these playoffs.
Would you bet on James?
Bigger question, maybe, is would you bet against Dirk?
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 1
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 6
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 39
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 25
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 1
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (91)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (77)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?