May 28, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
The odds are out on the Finals, courtesy of Bodog.eu, and they’re pretty much what you’d expect. The Heat are a slight favorite, and LeBron James is the favorite to win Finals MVP at 5-to-4 odds, just nudging Dirk Nowitzki at 2-to-1. The over/under on techs is 5.5, which is a really interesting bet, but here’s another one that I found particularly intriguing.
The over/under for LeBron James’ average points in this series is 26.5, with his rebounding average over/under 7.5 and his assists average 6.5.
Those are some pretty ridiculous numbers for the Finals. But get this, since 2006, James has performed at that exact level or better in the playoffs (not averaged, performed at) over three games twice and over two games twice. He’s the only player in the last five years to do so in the playoffs. James has averaged those numbers twice before, and, naturally, is averaging them in these playoffs.
Would you bet on James?
Bigger question, maybe, is would you bet against Dirk?
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Number shows Matthew Dellavedova’s defensive value 2
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Cleveland may want to cover Curry in the left corner 2
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 27
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 22
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 17
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 18
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 15