May 26, 2011, 8:17 AM EDT
Stephen Curry was battling ankle issues at the end of the season. And those can linger — once the ligaments stretch out in an ankle they can take a long time to get right and it’s easy to aggravate the injury.
So Curry had surgery to tighten up his ankle ligaments, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area.
Warriors guard Stephen Curry underwent successful surgery to repair the instability in his right ankle, the Warriors announced Wednesday.
The timetable for his return would not affect his appearance at training camp.
Training camp, whenever that actually starts.
- Mark Cuban rips officials, NBA: ‘It’s criminal’ how Monta Ellis doesn’t get calls 10
- Shaquille O’Neal says he regrets leaving Magic for Lakers 28
- Cavaliers coach David Blatt: ‘LeBron James is our MVP’ 20
- No Durant, what does that mean for Thunder in these playoffs? Trouble. 15
- Kevin Durant to have third foot surgery; is done for season, playoffs 38
- Goran Dragic leading feisty Heat’s playoff push 29
- NBA Draft prospect matchups to watch in NCAA Tourament this weekend 2
- Report: LeBron James frustrated with Kevin Love for not fitting in 85