May 26, 2011, 8:17 AM EDT
Stephen Curry was battling ankle issues at the end of the season. And those can linger — once the ligaments stretch out in an ankle they can take a long time to get right and it’s easy to aggravate the injury.
So Curry had surgery to tighten up his ankle ligaments, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area.
Warriors guard Stephen Curry underwent successful surgery to repair the instability in his right ankle, the Warriors announced Wednesday.
The timetable for his return would not affect his appearance at training camp.
Training camp, whenever that actually starts.
- Mike Krzyzewski might coach USA Basketball in 2016 Olympics 0
- George Hill not yet cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks, remains a game-time decision 1
- Report: Bobcats changing name back to Hornets 23
- Dwyane Wade grants wish, shows up at girl’s senior prom 19
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 58
- Live: Preakness Stakes preview show
- PHT: Red Wings strike back
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay