May 26, 2011, 8:17 AM EDT
Stephen Curry was battling ankle issues at the end of the season. And those can linger — once the ligaments stretch out in an ankle they can take a long time to get right and it’s easy to aggravate the injury.
So Curry had surgery to tighten up his ankle ligaments, according to Matt Steinmetz of CSN Bay Area.
Warriors guard Stephen Curry underwent successful surgery to repair the instability in his right ankle, the Warriors announced Wednesday.
The timetable for his return would not affect his appearance at training camp.
Training camp, whenever that actually starts.
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 12
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 20
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14