May 25, 2011, 8:10 AM EDT
In the first half of Tuesday night’s Game 4, Derrick Rose attacked the rim as hard as he has all playoffs. Maybe all season. He was determined to break down the Heat’s defense.
One result of that was one of the best dunks of the playoffs — a monster throwdown where he weaves through the defense then just posterizes Joel Anthony.
As much as you see him do things like this, Rose’s explosive athleticism can still just be jaw dropping at times.
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 8
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 30