May 25, 2011, 3:34 PM EST
Courtesy of the upstanding citizens at TMZ:
Dallas Mavericks star Shawn Marion is gonna be busy next month — because we’re told, he’s shooting a pilot for a reality TV show … right around the same time the Mavs crush Miami in the NBA finals (if there is a God).
It’s tentatively called “The Ladies in My Life” — and big surprise … it’s all about Shawn and the important women in his day-to-day … including his mom, sisters and publicist.
One of the featured family members is Shawn’s twin sister Shawnett — who’s 6-feet tall and can DUNK a basketball!!
Oh, we almost forgot — the show is being filmed in the NBA star’s 14,000 square foot Dallas mansion.
Given the resounding success of “Khloe and Lamar” and Kris Humphries‘ recent engagement to Kim Kardashian, it’s shaping up to be a big year for synergy between NBA players and reality television stars. Now Marion seems to want to be both.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)