May 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
While Lakers fans are still trying to talk themselves into Mike Brown being a good fit as the Los Angeles coach, his former players are trying to tell them the franchise is in good hands.
This is what he said to NBA.com.
“If it’s true, when it’s official,” James said, “I think the Lakers got them a great coach.”
“Mike Brown was a great coach,” James said. “He gave us success that we hadn’t had before in that city. And it started with his defensive concepts. He brought in a defensive mind set that we didn’t have.”
“We were competitive year after year because of his coaching. So I respect him and I’m grateful to have had him as a coach throughout the years that I had him. He definitely helped me become who I am today.”
Congrats to mike brown… Lakers won’t be sorry for that hiring
Lakers fans may not be convinced.
But on the bright side, they now have a coach that is not going to sit quietly on the sidelines during games.
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 2
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 6
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 13
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20
- Rockets officially sign Josh Smith, who will play Friday night; waive Tarik Black 6
- Clippers win ‘nice, boring’ Christmas Day battle with Warriors 1
- Miami fans give LeBron warm welcome, Heat team not so much in upset win 24
- Russell Westbrook inspires Thunder to skid-stopping win over Spurs 8