May 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EDT
While Lakers fans are still trying to talk themselves into Mike Brown being a good fit as the Los Angeles coach, his former players are trying to tell them the franchise is in good hands.
This is what he said to NBA.com.
“If it’s true, when it’s official,” James said, “I think the Lakers got them a great coach.”
“Mike Brown was a great coach,” James said. “He gave us success that we hadn’t had before in that city. And it started with his defensive concepts. He brought in a defensive mind set that we didn’t have.”
“We were competitive year after year because of his coaching. So I respect him and I’m grateful to have had him as a coach throughout the years that I had him. He definitely helped me become who I am today.”
Congrats to mike brown… Lakers won’t be sorry for that hiring
Lakers fans may not be convinced.
But on the bright side, they now have a coach that is not going to sit quietly on the sidelines during games.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 8
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 17
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 7
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 6
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3