May 25, 2011, 6:48 PM EST
While Lakers fans are still trying to talk themselves into Mike Brown being a good fit as the Los Angeles coach, his former players are trying to tell them the franchise is in good hands.
This is what he said to NBA.com.
“If it’s true, when it’s official,” James said, “I think the Lakers got them a great coach.”
“Mike Brown was a great coach,” James said. “He gave us success that we hadn’t had before in that city. And it started with his defensive concepts. He brought in a defensive mind set that we didn’t have.”
“We were competitive year after year because of his coaching. So I respect him and I’m grateful to have had him as a coach throughout the years that I had him. He definitely helped me become who I am today.”
Congrats to mike brown… Lakers won’t be sorry for that hiring
Lakers fans may not be convinced.
But on the bright side, they now have a coach that is not going to sit quietly on the sidelines during games.
- Lakers’ Steve Blake out at least six weeks with elbow injury 0
- Report: Knicks, Raptors talking Kyle Lowry trade 16
- Tom Thibodeau to the Knicks? Well… 2
- Deserving or not Kobe Bryant, Dwyane Wade among All-Star starters in early voting returns 26
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 7
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (50)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)