May 25, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
Is the new reality show far in the offing? Kris and Kim’s big wedding adventure.
Kris Humphries will marry girlfriend Kim Kardashian, the two are now engaged.
The proposal took place one week ago, on May 18, when the 26-year-old Humphries surprised his 30-year-old love in her Beverly Hills home. When she entered her bedroom, she saw Humphries already on bended knee with red rose petals forming what was by then a hopefully obvious question: “Will you marry me?”
“I didn’t expect this at all,” the bride-to-be told People. “I was in such shock. I never thought it would happen at home, and I never thought now.”
The couple has only been dating for six months, which may seem like a short time to the rest of us but compared to Khloe and Lamar this is a dragged out engagement.
Humphries, who is a free agent that the Nets say they want to re-sign, is clearly thinking his play from last season is going to get him a healthy pay raise from the $3.2 million he made last year (and it should). That’s really the only way to explain the 20.5-carat engagement ring.
No date or other details of the wedding have been announced, but as this is a Kardashian’s production you can bet it will exactly be a state secret. We’ll let you know where they are registered as soon as we know.
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 3
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 28
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 4
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 19
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19