May 24, 2011, 7:10 PM EDT
The Golden State Warriors are under new management, and the new ownership team is looking to make a good impression with fans as quickly as possible. They recently sent out a contract to potential season-ticket holders, which makes the following promises:
1. The Warriors will make the 2012 playoffs. If they do not, ticket prices will not be increased for the 2012-13 season.
2. The Warriors will send a player to the 2012 All-Star Game. If they do not, all season-ticket holders will receive an autographed piece of All-Star merchandise, and be entered into a drawing for an all-expenses paid trip for two to the All-Star Game in Orlando.
3. The Warriors will win 25 or more home games. If they do not, all season-ticket holders will be invited to an exclusive two-hour autograph session at Oracle Arena with the entire team.
4. The Warriors will honor a risk-free renewal, with a 5% interest guarantee option for the 2011-12 season. That policy will be guaranteed with a 25% deposit payment.
Obviously, what fans want to see most from any ownership group is the ability to put together a winning team, but gestures like this should certainly endear the Warriors’ new owners to one of the best fanbases in the league.
- Tony Allen fined $5,000 for overacting on Ginobili foul 4
- Preview: Pacers must take back paint to even series with Heat 4
- Celtics deny Nets permission to speak with head coach Doc Rivers 5
- PBT Extra: Talking Heat/Pacers, and why Indy might be optimistic 12
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell 58
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (93)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (81)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (71)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (65)
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- PHT: Senators fight for playoff lives in Game 5
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights