May 24, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
According to Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post, Bulls backup center Omer Asik will be active in tonight’s Game 4 of the Bulls/Heat series.
Asik suffered a sprained leg with 1:54 remaining of the third quarter in Game 3, and missed the remainder of the game. Asik’s defense, rebounding, and toughness made him perhaps the league’s best backup center in the regular season, and he actually led the entire Bulls team in +/- by a significant margin. The 24-year old Asik has had some great defensive moments in the Miami series already, but has only averaged 1.7 points on 40% shooting and 1.7 rebounds per game in 14.3 minutes of play.
- Brandon Jennings leaves game in wheelchair, may have torn Achilles 6
- LaMarcus Aldridge decides to delay surgery, will return for Blazers Saturday vs. Wizards 7
- WATCH: Kobe Bryant’s doctor explains diagnosis to him following exam of injured shoulder 10
- Report: Cavaliers players say they ‘had lost faith’ due to lack of depth and roster construction 45
- Kobe Bryant will be back next season, he can’t resist the challenge 20
- Klay Thompson sets NBA record with 37 point quarter (VIDEO) 36
- If injury is serious, it would go against history for Kobe to be productive again 17
- Sixers’ leading scorer Tony Wroten suffers partially torn ACL, likely done for season 12