May 24, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
According to Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post, Bulls backup center Omer Asik will be active in tonight’s Game 4 of the Bulls/Heat series.
Asik suffered a sprained leg with 1:54 remaining of the third quarter in Game 3, and missed the remainder of the game. Asik’s defense, rebounding, and toughness made him perhaps the league’s best backup center in the regular season, and he actually led the entire Bulls team in +/- by a significant margin. The 24-year old Asik has had some great defensive moments in the Miami series already, but has only averaged 1.7 points on 40% shooting and 1.7 rebounds per game in 14.3 minutes of play.
- The Extra Pass: Raptors’ salary dump trade could mean a few more wins, too; plus Sunday recaps 0
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 5
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 2
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 7
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 26
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)