May 24, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
According to Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post, Bulls backup center Omer Asik will be active in tonight’s Game 4 of the Bulls/Heat series.
Asik suffered a sprained leg with 1:54 remaining of the third quarter in Game 3, and missed the remainder of the game. Asik’s defense, rebounding, and toughness made him perhaps the league’s best backup center in the regular season, and he actually led the entire Bulls team in +/- by a significant margin. The 24-year old Asik has had some great defensive moments in the Miami series already, but has only averaged 1.7 points on 40% shooting and 1.7 rebounds per game in 14.3 minutes of play.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13