May 24, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
According to Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post, Bulls backup center Omer Asik will be active in tonight’s Game 4 of the Bulls/Heat series.
Asik suffered a sprained leg with 1:54 remaining of the third quarter in Game 3, and missed the remainder of the game. Asik’s defense, rebounding, and toughness made him perhaps the league’s best backup center in the regular season, and he actually led the entire Bulls team in +/- by a significant margin. The 24-year old Asik has had some great defensive moments in the Miami series already, but has only averaged 1.7 points on 40% shooting and 1.7 rebounds per game in 14.3 minutes of play.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 17
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 27
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 42
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 23
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 19
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 22
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 12
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23