May 24, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
According to Ethan J. Skolnick of the Palm Beach Post, Bulls backup center Omer Asik will be active in tonight’s Game 4 of the Bulls/Heat series.
Asik suffered a sprained leg with 1:54 remaining of the third quarter in Game 3, and missed the remainder of the game. Asik’s defense, rebounding, and toughness made him perhaps the league’s best backup center in the regular season, and he actually led the entire Bulls team in +/- by a significant margin. The 24-year old Asik has had some great defensive moments in the Miami series already, but has only averaged 1.7 points on 40% shooting and 1.7 rebounds per game in 14.3 minutes of play.
- Phil Jackson says Knicks wanted Goran Dragic at trade deadline. Because he’s such a triangle fit? 10
- Report: Cavaliers sign Matthew Dellavedova 7
- Heat trade Zoran Dragic, second-rounder to Celtics 10
- Report: Cavaliers trade Brendan Haywood, Mike Miller, two second-round picks to Portland 17
- Blake Griffin, Stephen Curry among latest big names headed to Team USA mini-camp 7
- Kyrie Irving off crutches, cleared by doctors to start working out 8
- Report: Becky Hammon gaining traction around the NBA as “serious” head-coaching candidate 42
- Gregg Popovich discusses three-point shot, changing roles for bigs in NBA 4