May 23, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
You’re going to hear a lot of teams trying to move out of or trade high picks this year — there is not much in this draft to make you want to stay up high.
Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected
If I were Memphis I would rejected Cleveland’s No. 1 overall for Gay, let alone the No. 4.
Minnesota also is reportedly looking to move the No. 2 pick, and I bet the Jazz would listen to offers if you want the No. 3. This is a draft where there are real questions about the guys at the top, so expect a lot of trade rumors of teams looking to get out. But they are not going to get top value, like Gay. Not in this draft.
Not that Memphis wouldn’t consider moving the max deal they gave Gay last summer, but it’s going to take a lot better offer than a pick in this drat to do it.
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 8
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 26
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 15
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 16
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 15
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 36
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 24
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 7