May 23, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
You’re going to hear a lot of teams trying to move out of or trade high picks this year — there is not much in this draft to make you want to stay up high.
Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected
If I were Memphis I would rejected Cleveland’s No. 1 overall for Gay, let alone the No. 4.
Minnesota also is reportedly looking to move the No. 2 pick, and I bet the Jazz would listen to offers if you want the No. 3. This is a draft where there are real questions about the guys at the top, so expect a lot of trade rumors of teams looking to get out. But they are not going to get top value, like Gay. Not in this draft.
Not that Memphis wouldn’t consider moving the max deal they gave Gay last summer, but it’s going to take a lot better offer than a pick in this drat to do it.
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 0
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 4
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 1
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 20
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (39)