May 23, 2011, 1:22 PM EDT
You’re going to hear a lot of teams trying to move out of or trade high picks this year — there is not much in this draft to make you want to stay up high.
Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected
If I were Memphis I would rejected Cleveland’s No. 1 overall for Gay, let alone the No. 4.
Minnesota also is reportedly looking to move the No. 2 pick, and I bet the Jazz would listen to offers if you want the No. 3. This is a draft where there are real questions about the guys at the top, so expect a lot of trade rumors of teams looking to get out. But they are not going to get top value, like Gay. Not in this draft.
Not that Memphis wouldn’t consider moving the max deal they gave Gay last summer, but it’s going to take a lot better offer than a pick in this drat to do it.
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 8
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 13
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 21
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68
- World Cup Day 1 roundup: Brazil with big win, Andray Blatche puts on a show 5
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 18
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 34