May 23, 2011, 1:22 PM EST
You’re going to hear a lot of teams trying to move out of or trade high picks this year — there is not much in this draft to make you want to stay up high.
Heard Cleveland offered Memphis their #4 pick in exchange for Rudy Gay (w/help of their trade exception). Memphis rejected
If I were Memphis I would rejected Cleveland’s No. 1 overall for Gay, let alone the No. 4.
Minnesota also is reportedly looking to move the No. 2 pick, and I bet the Jazz would listen to offers if you want the No. 3. This is a draft where there are real questions about the guys at the top, so expect a lot of trade rumors of teams looking to get out. But they are not going to get top value, like Gay. Not in this draft.
Not that Memphis wouldn’t consider moving the max deal they gave Gay last summer, but it’s going to take a lot better offer than a pick in this drat to do it.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 0
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 28
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 58
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43