May 22, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
Brandon Jennings looked like franchise building block in his rookie season. He was a Rookie of the Year candidate, and showed flashes of brilliance amidst a barrage of poor shot selection.Even with that, though, you could see the Bucks building around him as his maturity removed the impulse for the pull-up three in transition. At such a young age, with such upside, things looked bright. But a disappointing 2010-2011 campaign, plagued by injury and continued questionable maturity and shot selection without the brilliant play to go along with it. Jennings saw more minutes but a decrease in per-minute numbers and the Bucks failed to make the playoffs, regressing from 2010.
Now comes a snippet from the Cleveland Plain Dealer that at the combine this week, the Bucks would be open to listening to offers for Jennings. Now, you want to see the same rumor from Milwaukee media before considering it serious, but it wouldn’t surprise if GM John Hammond looked to cash in on Jennings’ value if he thinks the youngster is regressing. Head coach Scott Skiles isn’t going to have a long leash with Jennings and the Bucks organization can’t waste time with an immature player.
That said, Jennings has shown enough when healthy for the Bucks to keep him around. This may simply be a measure by Bucks management to open the phone lines leading up to the draft. If he is on the table, expect the Knicks to all quickly with their zero assets and no draft picks as part of the offer.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3